My only problem with the ending/story... (end game spoilers)

#1U1gitaroomanPosted 4/30/2012 12:15:45 PM
The story taking an almost farcical lack of consideration for Faye and for the "Hybrid" people.

I think the point of the story was to attempt to polarize the audience. The question is; is there anyone who really believes "Kill 'em all! They are basically robots!" like how 90% of the cast acted?

So, maybe that's the point and I just believe strongly in one direction and I don't see the other side...still:

1.) It's not presented in the game as a polarizing issue. No other character besides Dan show any real remorse. All the teammates are willing and/or attempt to ice Faye at the first opportunity. The shadowy commanders also enact the order to kill all of them with no thought or due process.

2) How is it different from some kind of future-y artificial birthing process? Would anyone argue that a "test tube baby" grown in an artificial uterus is not human?

I'm having trouble articulating my thoughts ATM, as it's been two days since I beat the game. But all I thought about the whole last 50 minutes of the game was, "Is this a joke? They would not just assassinate all of them, worst case scenario, they'd detain them for study."
They're still life. They're still people. The point could had been pertinent and deep if there was something even resembling an argument about it. Dan and ____ arguing with Charlie and ____ about how Faye is a real person. Not, "I know its hard to believe.....BUT KILL THEM ALL! *fires blindly into the air*"

Or am I in the minority?
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#2IceQBkidPosted 4/30/2012 1:33:02 PM

I agree with what you said but I still enjoyed the plot quite alot as it is quite a fresh story that hasnt been xhibited in other games yet. I never heard of anybody else xploring the idea of a robot having the ability to give birth, nevermind an AI that wants children.

#3U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:49:19 PM
Yeah, that's definitely true. I feel it could have been presented better, that's all.
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#4Dillon360Posted 5/1/2012 12:10:48 PM
When you work for the army, you do what the **** you're told

Simple as that

Don't be mad at all the characters for being great, loyal soldiers

In their mind, the AI could take control of Faye if it wanted to. Because she's half robot, making her dangerous

I can't really blame them for wanting to kill her

The only reason Dan liked her and didn't want to kill her was because they almost kissed and he caught feelings for her. Without that moment, he probably would have killed her without question...
---
Next 5 purchases: The Witcher 2, Prototype 2, Max Payne 3, Dragons Dogma, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier
#5U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 2:08:38 PM
A soldier doesn't have to follow illegal orders. Or if that's not enough for you, they don't have to follow their orders without any signs of remorse or questioning. Even something as simple as, "I don't like it, but I do as I'm ordered" would have been enough.

Furthermore, the Hollow Children are half-robots, the "Hybrids" are fully biological. There isn't a single chip or circuit in their heads. They are, for all intents and purposes, humans.
---
It could be anything.
#6Dillon360Posted 5/1/2012 3:19:26 PM
Like Rust Crew said to Amada:

"If we have to explain it then you'll never understand..."

It's basically playing GOD. Only God can create life
---
Next 5 purchases: The Witcher 2, Prototype 2, Max Payne 3, Dragons Dogma, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier
#7U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:56:37 PM
But God can create life in different ways, can't He?

But religion aside, they are killing an intelligent, biological life form with human intelligence, emotions and self-awareness. Everything a human possess, the hybrids do as well.

Heck, we only treat animals as inferior because they lack those things outlined above, and it is still amoral and illegal to kill them indiscriminately.
---
It could be anything.
#8Dillon360Posted 5/1/2012 6:47:54 PM(edited)
No matter how you try and spin it, a human created a robot that's capable of having a child.

God didn't create the robots and hybrids. A human did.

Humans, dogs, fish, and insects exist because God ALLOWED it. Humans certainly had NOTHING to do with the existence of those creatures.

When a human creates a robot that acts and thinks just like humans, he's spitting in Gods face...

He's playing God.

Which is why it's MORALLY WRONG and I can completely understand why they want to terminate them...

How would you feel if you just found out that you had sex with a robot? And ended up with a half human half robot kid?

I wouldn't be to thrilled about it...
---
#9reizoryuuPosted 5/1/2012 6:45:51 PM
Some people don't believe in god, so all your points are lost on them.
#10Dillon360Posted 5/1/2012 6:57:58 PM
You're entitled to your beliefs. I will 100% respect them.

Hell, even I don't 100% believe in God. I haven't seen or heard anything that without a shadow of a doubt PROVES that God exists.

I'd say 95% of me believes in God. But I still have slight doubts about it....

All those stories in the Bible could be drunken or drugged out idiots. Who knows? There's no way to prove or disprove it.

But I'll tell you this, I'd MUCH RATHER believe in God only to find out he doesn't exist. Rather than to completely ignore God, don't believe in him, only to have to answer to him in heaven and tell him why I made a mockery out of him...

Because that won't end so well..

=/
---
More topics from this board...
add meVENOMOUS75110/15 5:47PM