Spare or kill?

#1iNtriKit44Posted 8/22/2013 9:39:24 PM
I normally pick spare when i get the option. But i'm starting to wonder, are there any real consequences to either choice? I'm starting to notice that nothing significant really happens throughout the story when i spare these guys. Like I'll spare them and the game treats them as if they're dead and no longer existent. They no longer talk about said target and the game just kind of moves on without mentioning if there is some kind of after effect of sparing or killing these guys.

In my mind, i would only spare them because they could still prove to be useful. they could provide information or maybe be used as a double agent. Why would you kill an asset like that? But nothing like that even happens in SC:B. Is this game trying to give me the illusion of choice? To spare or kill them to get a different cutscene, but in the end, it doesn't really make a difference? That's the vibe I'm getting from this choice..

(fyi: i haven't beaten the game yet, i think i'm nearing the end. just finished american fuel. so if there is a piece of information i missed or haven't included it's probably because i haven't completed the game yet.)
#2darkknight338Posted 8/22/2013 9:46:23 PM
I feel the same the same way. I spared this guy from taking a bullet to the head in the hopes that he would provide more intel. Instead the guy kills himself.
---
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC
#3iHop2SpacePosted 8/24/2013 3:53:52 PM
The only purpose I see that this serves is that if you want to kill them (I know I usually do since that last choice in Conviction!) you have the option, and if you are looking for the "No Kill Option Engaged" achievement, you'll NEED to spare them. You can always replay and choose whichever option you didn't the first time if you wish.
#4footballdude19Posted 8/24/2013 3:56:13 PM
iHop2Space posted...
The only purpose I see that this serves is that if you want to kill them (I know I usually do since that last choice in Conviction!) you have the option, and if you are looking for the "No Kill Option Engaged" achievement, you'll NEED to spare them. You can always replay and choose whichever option you didn't the first time if you wish.

He's right i completed the game killing everyone besides 2 guys and nothing changed.
---
GT & PSN: Unsanesoldier
SCREW XBOX 1 I'M GOING PS4!
#5ViruzFitiaPosted 8/24/2013 3:59:32 PM
They only give you the option because they count towards your non-lethal playthrough achievement and nothing else.