How to take down Heavy Armed Guards?

#1MrferenheightPosted 9/4/2013 1:07:40 PM
Ok I know I can knock them out stealthily, but only sometimes. I think this is because they are on "alert" when it becomes harder to take them down. Otherwise, how can I take them down? I'm doing Korbin's side missions so i HAVE to actually take them down. I can't find any Wiki or anything with this info.
#2jcarey72Posted 9/4/2013 1:09:25 PM(edited)
sneak up behind them or death from above seem to be the only ways to do it quietly. maybe while hanging from a ledge too...
---
TK JEDI
#3jcarey72Posted 9/4/2013 1:13:43 PM
you can't take them from the front, ever, and they are immune to shock and gas. just take your time and sneak up from behind, or above, or a ledge...
---
TK JEDI
#4Mrferenheight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:17:39 PM
thanks. I've just figured out the ledge attacks and if you move from lethal to non-lethal it changes from kill to knock out.
#5joshua_nashPosted 9/4/2013 1:19:47 PM
I usually do a DFA on them or if I can't get that sneak from behind and get them that way
---
GT: joshua nash
PSN: joshua_nash
#6Dagoth_WitPosted 9/5/2013 12:20:26 AM
I like getting into a hiding spot in front of them and then throwing a noisemaker behind them. It gives you the perfect opportunity for a backstab.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#7bremin41Posted 9/5/2013 4:59:27 PM
incendiary grenades will take down even the most heavily armored guys easy.
#8kikookPosted 9/5/2013 6:26:09 PM
The way I do it, I doubt this is very valid on perfectionist due to item limitations, is I throw a sound item (I don't remember it's name, sorry), and when they investigate I run up behind them and kill them.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#9ThisGuy101Posted 9/8/2013 9:33:11 PM
jcarey72 posted...
you can't take them from the front, ever, and they are immune to shock and gas. just take your time and sneak up from behind, or above, or a ledge...

Actually, that's not true. You can use mark and execute to kill them in hand to hand combat. Mark them, run up close to them, and press Y. Fisher kills them from any direction that way. Not sure if it's a glitch, or intended, but it helps a lot. Plus, you get ANOTHER execute immediately following. This has saved me a bunch of times. If there are any more regular enemies in the area (non-helmeted), mark them too before you run up and take out the big guy. It'll take them all out.
#10Casul346Posted 9/9/2013 5:15:56 AM
kikook posted...
The way I do it, I doubt this is very valid on perfectionist due to item limitations, is I throw a sound item (I don't remember it's name, sorry), and when they investigate I run up behind them and kill them.

Works fine on perfectionist, you get more noisemakers and crossbow noisemakers than the amount of heavies in any given level.

You shouldn't need 1 noisemaker per heavy, and you can usually get them patrolling fairly easily, but the option is there if you need it.
---
George Zimmerman is innocent.