The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

SIII vs. Galaxy Nexus

#1SearchmanV16Posted 7/16/2012 11:00:12 PM
I am torn apart between both phones. I want a phone to last me 2+ yrs, but there is an issue for me. Software vs. Hardware. The SIII has the high tech features like a Quad Core processor, 8MP Camera, 4.8 Super Amoled Screen, etc. My family member has an SIII, and I love using it. The Galaxy Nexus has a Super Amoled Screen too, but older version of it, a 5MP camera, Dual Core processor, etc. I know the Galaxy Nexus has a longer life in terms of support than the SIII. So what should I do, take Vanilla Android, with more updates and support, or go with the features and slow updates?
---
Lets go Heat.
#2KinkajouPosted 7/16/2012 11:30:02 PM
Wait 4 months see if a new Nexus phone is announced. That's what I think I'm going to do.
---
Most Men say, "Woman, without her man, is nothing!"
Most Women say, "Woman, without her, man is nothing!"
#3Pcmonster87Posted 7/16/2012 11:32:27 PM
Kinkajou posted...
Wait 4 months see if a new Nexus phone is announced. That's what I think I'm going to do.

Agreed
---
Founder/Editor - The Android World, Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
#4SearchmanV16(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 11:43:11 PM
That's too long of a wait. No thank you.
---
Lets go Heat.
#5BassGSXPosted 7/17/2012 3:51:13 AM
Just get the Galaxy S III, 2 GB of RAM alone will last you 2 years as far as flashing or receiving the latest updates are concerned. As long as a third party developer community exists, the Galaxy S III will keep getting everything the Nexus gets.
#6mx2aPosted 7/17/2012 7:01:39 AM
Kinkajou posted...

This is my plan.
---
GameFAQs: Where your opinions become "facts", and "maturity" is a foreign concept.
[3DS:0903-2737-5537] || CM7'd Atrix
#7RawatPosted 7/17/2012 7:24:14 AM
CM10 and Jelly Bean for Galaxy S III is pretty much ready to roll...

https://plus.google.com/106978520009932034644/posts/Rd6oZjU7sRV

---
"I'm not a loser, okay? I win everything. I don't lose. I win! Because I'm a winner! I'm a winner!"
http://lostfacts.net/
#8Pcmonster87Posted 7/17/2012 11:13:00 AM
SearchmanV16 posted...

Your loss... Personally I would still take the Nexus. Stock Android is the best to be honest. Plus the fact you will have Jelly Bean sooner then anybody. Don't expect JB on the GS3 for a long time. I mean they are just now releasing ICS for the GS2 a year later. They will probably do the same thing with the S3.
---
Founder/Editor - The Android World, Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
#9TurquoisebluePosted 7/17/2012 2:37:47 PM
It's worth mentioning that newer Nexus products don't have expandable storage - and won't going forward. If that's important to you, then you should choose the SIII now. Personally when I consider the future usefulness of a phone, the first thing I want is the ability to add more storage with a microSDHC/XC card if I need or want it. The SIII will almost certainly get JB within a few months (It's Samsung's flagship model, after all - and it's brand new!) Even now only 7%ish of devices run ICS, so it's not like developers can use those APIs any time soon - much less JB's new features. So you're not missing much.
---
i7 2670QM, 555m 3GB VRAM, 8 GB DDR3, 2 x 750 GB 7200 RPM, 17.3" 1080P LED
XPS 17, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
#10Crack AddictPosted 7/17/2012 3:07:28 PM

If that's the case, I would personally go with hardware (i.e. S3), and simply use XDA for updates. Being a popular flagship phone will pretty ensure the S3 a strong support base meaning that JB and KLP will be likely. Hell, just look at the S2 line.

Even better benefit, if you go with the S3, you'll get a strong lesson on patience as updates will definitely be slower.
---
No Da!