Game keeps crashing!

#1KingOfZer0Posted 11/6/2011 8:09:49 PM
So as I play this game, it just crashes my whole system. It turns my whole ps3 off and leaves it with a red blinking light. Now before you say it's your system, no other game does this except u3.

My question is does it happen to anyone else and how to fix it?
---
Its all About the U!!
PSN&XBL: KingOfZer0
#2Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2011 8:11:22 PM
Is it a Phat PS3?
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#3AlleyBoi420Posted 11/6/2011 8:12:40 PM
Your PS3 is overheating. Clean that badboy out or get ready to YLOD.
---
A fool and his money are soon parted.
#4KingOfZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2011 8:16:50 PM
Yes it's a fat ps3. And it's clean. And why only this game does it do that?
---
Its all About the U!!
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2011 8:22:16 PM(edited)
KingOfZer0 posted...
Yes it's a fat ps3. And it's clean. And why only this game does it do that?

Before going Gold ND tested Uncharted 3 on a Phat PS3 and they realized the game crashed after about a quarter the way in. They overhauled everything and fixed it. But you might be experience the remnants of the problems. (I also believe this is causing the aiming issues some are having and them not including cheats)

Or its just a faulty disc.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#6KingOfZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2011 9:30:13 PM
What's best way to clean out a fat 60gb ps3? Just to be on the safe side.
---
Its all About the U!!
#7AlleyBoi420Posted 11/7/2011 3:53:44 PM
^ Look up "Fat PS3 cleaning/opening" or something similar on youtube. Just open it up and get rid of all the dust. Before my fattie died I did this when it started acting up and i gotta couple more months out of it.
---
A fool and his money are soon parted.
#8bf15Posted 11/12/2011 5:00:42 AM
KingOfZer0 posted...
So as I play this game, it just crashes my whole system. It turns my whole ps3 off and leaves it with a red blinking light. Now before you say it's your system, no other game does this except u3.

My question is does it happen to anyone else and how to fix it?

I am having this issue as well. Theres a more detailed discussion thread on naughty dogs forums under drakes deception. It seems this is an issue mainly ont he old 40gb, 60gb, adn 80gb systems. I was having the problem also, and it is not an overheating problem. It either needs a patch, or there is a slight chance that you recieved a bad disk.
#9captainjeff87Posted 11/12/2011 7:56:17 AM
I have an 80 GB/fat PS3.

I hope it doesn't crash during the story. Had some minor problems with MP but don't think I'm alone.

I wonder which model was tested? Hopefully the oldest one because I really don't feel like having mine die out on one freaking game after all I've played on it (including LA Noire which made it heat up like crazy).
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#10LHcause714Posted 11/12/2011 2:04:15 PM
my fat ps3 also crashes, and when i turn my ps3 back on and start the game it immediately crashes as soon as the game loads up. This is the only game I've ever had an issue with. I shelled out the extra cash for the collectors edition too. This is bogus