A very interesting clothing glitch

#1Neowulf13Posted 7/12/2011 2:36:21 PM
So, i've found a way to change your character's clothing colors into colors that aren't accesible.

This is how to do it.

Customization (Press square) > Hero/Villain Appearance > Character* > Body Part**

*-Drake, Sully, Treasure Hunter, or Pirate

**- Head, pants, shoes, etc.

Now, if you followed that correctly, you should be at the screen to pick the article of clothing for that body part.

For example, i press square, choose Hero appearance, choose Sully, and choose 'head'. I am now at the screen with the options: '-', 'Fisherman Cap', and 'Fedora'.

Here's the most important part. You have to stay in this screen until the voting starts. You have to get to that specific screen when the countdown to the voting appears, and stay in that screen until the voting starts. You don't have to change any clothing, you just have to stay in that until the voting starts.

Once the voting starts, you'll be kicked out of the customization screen to vote. If you try to customize again, you will only be taken to your loadouts. Once a map has been chosen, your character will come back with changed colors.

I don't know if it inverts the color, but it drastically changes it. It seems that all of your clothing (shirt, pants, gloves, etc) change color, but i may be wrong. The most significant change i've gotten was a color change on the hat, shirt, and pants.

It only lasts one match, and you must go to customization again if you want to do the glitch again.

I've gotten light blue, a bright green, and an off-white color by doing this. It may be possible to get other colors (if this glitch inverts the colors) by changing the color of your clothing the normal way. The normal way being, of course, pressing triangle, then doing the glitch.

I just wanted to share a glitch a found. Have fun getting alternate colors, and making people confused on how you got them.
---
Rule #1 of GameFaqs: Opinion = Fact
#2AyuReady18Posted 7/12/2011 3:10:46 PM
So that's how I saw a guy with neon clothing on Plunder o.o Thanks a lot :D
#3Timo JPosted 7/12/2011 3:13:25 PM
It's happened to me but without knowing why or how, I was in day glo aqua blue shirt. I remember thinking that the other team would spot me a mile off!!
---
Gamertag and PSN ID - Timotribal
yo yo
#4ninjarobot_22Posted 7/12/2011 3:26:24 PM
I knew about it too. I think there's only certain colors you can choose for the formal pirate pants. I think they're grey, black, white, and just those types of colors.

Anyway, the default pants have the brown color I like, so what I did was I chose the default pants picked the brown color then I switched back to the formal pirate pants and the color still stayed.
---
"Thanks for the input Jeff."
#5Geno87Posted 7/12/2011 3:30:24 PM
ninjarobot_22 posted...
Anyway, the default pants have the brown color I like, so what I did was I chose the default pants picked the brown color then I switched back to the formal pirate pants and the color still stayed.

I have an orange adventure shirt for my treasure hunter after i used this glitch. It looks pretty cool. Also have formal pants that have a denim color. Merc armor can be made red, blue or yellow using this glitch as well.
---
Question: If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around to hear it, and it hits a mime, does anyone care?
#6wanderingshadePosted 7/12/2011 10:33:45 PM
So that's how the tape on my arms and other stuff turns blue when I'm a pirate.
---
Do you or do you not have tattooed on your bottom the words "Jesus is coming - look busy"?
#7ninjahitman13Posted 7/12/2011 11:53:03 PM
my friend got a very dark purple for the treasure hunter. It looked very cool. I know another one btw. Dont know who all it works on all i know is the pirate. Ok so what you do is got to pirate pick the ragged shirt(not rebellion the only other one) and pick the tan/skin color. Now, go and pick rebellion shirt and it should be the same color of tan as your other shirt. It stays that way also. And there is a tan for the rebellion shirt, but not like that tan.
---
Yeah, thats how i roll
---
#8CommanderSteranPosted 7/13/2011 12:07:11 AM
So that's how I accidently got neon green clothes with a fedora.
---
PSN: TheFps_NINJA
How good is good enough?
#9memento2001Posted 7/13/2011 1:49:49 AM
thanks for clearing this up. As you can see, most of us were completely clueless as to how this was happening.
#10Neowulf13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 1:24:44 PM
memento2001 posted...
thanks for clearing this up. As you can see, most of us were completely clueless as to how this was happening.

You guys are welcome. anything to make the game more fun or interesting is always good.
---
Rule #1 of GameFaqs: Opinion = Fact