"Of Mice and Men" reference! *chapter 9 spoilers*

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  3. "Of Mice and Men" reference! *chapter 9 spoilers*
4 years ago#1
Damn, that reference was awesome! I even stopped playing to come here and make a topic about it.

On chapter 9, after Cutter goes bananas, Sully tells Cutter to go ahead before himself, and Cutter says: "Yeah, yeah, before I know it, you'll be putting that gun on the back of my head and telling me about the rabbits."
---
I have been forced to do this
4 years ago#2
Yeah, I got a good laugh from that one.
4 years ago#3
I didn't notice it on my first playthrough but on my second I did and I was happy.

They did a Macbeth reference earlier in the game, but that was more obvious.
---
MGO: The_Despair
4 years ago#4
Yeah I got it. Laughed pretty hard.

---
My Words Were True And Sheamus Made You Believe!
http://imgur.com/Fc39f.jpg
4 years ago#5
A Macbeth reference? Where/when?
---
I have been forced to do this
4 years ago#6

A Macbeth reference? Where/when?

In the London tunnels, Sully says "Lead on, Macduff" and Cutter corrects him that it's "Lay on". Drake just wonders who Macduff is.
---
MGO: The_Despair
4 years ago#7
Haha, I was wondering what Cutter meant with the rabbits. I just got the reference, thanks!
And I thought Sully said McFly, not MacDuff, so I was wondering where Marty McFly came into relevance. Again, thanks for pointing it out!
---
PSN & XBL - Cloudtail4ever ~
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
4 years ago#8

I read the book a couple months ago in English class. It was especially funny when I got to this part in the game because my friends and I have had an inside joke about the rabbits for some time now.

4 years ago#9
It was a pretty clever joke. Cutter was always good for a laugh.
---
I'm so going to enjoy kicking your ass, provided I roll a 4 or better.
4 years ago#10
I read the book and watched the movie, I find the ending of the movie hilarious because it's like George went "HELL NO LENNY I FEED THE RABBITS!"
---
your mother is so old, she's older than you!
  1. Boards
  2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  3. "Of Mice and Men" reference! *chapter 9 spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived