Weird. I think this game runs smoother on my old PS3 than it does on the slim.

#1BlueSkies7776Posted 4/8/2012 7:02:14 PM
I played this game on my fat 40 gig PS3 through the holidays last year until it broke in late January. I then bought a 160 gig slim PS3 and I started playing this game again and the frame rate "hiccups" all the time. This never happened on my old fatty PS3.

It's the same disc, just different hardware.I don't know if it IS the hardware or maybe a patch that I'm not aware of had an impact on the game.
---
-Why don't you wait until you're asked?
-Why don't you ask me?
#2tetrimPosted 4/8/2012 8:59:04 PM
Same thing with me. My slim has frame rate problems sometimes. But on my fat PS3 it works fine.
---
Youtube: SuperSolidSteak
PSN: xACCC95x (Call me tetrim)
#3SolarJamPosted 4/8/2012 9:02:39 PM
I think ND said something about this when the game was released.
---
For MW3, Black Ops, Marvel 3, Brink, LBP 2, Uncharted 3 and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCoolGaming
Let's Play Uncharted 3: http://youtu.be/wU_ocJr3Wuk
#4BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 9:13:01 PM
SolarJam posted...
I think ND said something about this when the game was released.

I thought what I read was that the game ran poorly in older PS3 sku's, like the 20 and 60 gig models, and that they fixed it before the games release. I don't remember reading that the game had problems on the new slims.
---
-Why don't you ask me?
#5DethSnakePosted 4/9/2012 3:27:01 PM
There's nothing weird about that. The older PS3's were built with much more high quality hardware. The slims are designed to be more cost efficient in production. A game as top notch as UC3 really pushes a slim to its limits.
#6BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 8:17:05 PM
I played for an hour today and it was smooth as butter the whole time. Not sure if the new patches had anything to do with it.
---
-Why don't you ask me?
#7megadeester3Posted 4/9/2012 8:31:36 PM
DethSnake posted...
There's nothing weird about that. The older PS3's were built with much more high quality hardware. The slims are designed to be more cost efficient in production. A game as top notch as UC3 really pushes a slim to its limits.

Never thought of it that way. Is there a place where I can get specific differences between both systems?
---
Sure
#8DethSnakePosted 4/11/2012 5:11:27 PM
megadeester3 posted...
Never thought of it that way. Is there a place where I can get specific differences between both systems?

I've run across a number of articles regarding the specs of each PS3 over the years (in comparison with each other and with 360s). Sorry to say I can't help you out with any specific links but search engines work miracles. Just look them up; they're all over the place.
#9BlueSkies7776(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 5:43:52 PM
DethSnake posted...
megadeester3 posted...

I've run across a number of articles regarding the specs of each PS3 over the years (in comparison with each other and with 360s). Sorry to say I can't help you out with any specific links but search engines work miracles. Just look them up; they're all over the place.

So basically, if I want a smooth U3 experience I need to get my fat PS3 fixed? Now what I'm wondering is this: If I send in my old fat PS3 will it run the same way that it did out of the box when it was new or will Sony replace some parts with the new cheap parts?
---
-Why don't you ask me?
#10DethSnakePosted 4/11/2012 5:51:45 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
So basically, if I want a smooth U3 experience I need to get my fat PS3 fixed? Now what I'm wondering is this: If I send in my old fat PS3 will it run the same way that it did out of the box when it was new or will Sony replace some parts with the new cheap parts?

My old PS3's Blu-Ray drive finally gave out a few months ago and I've since been using a slim. It seems to work perfectly fine to me. The only noticeable difference between the two is that my old fat PS3 never froze on me like the slim does when I'm playing split screen.

But to answer your question, if you send in your old PS3 they aren't going to directly fix that one. They'll just send you a refurbished one of the same make and model that they have somewhere in stock. And it'll come with a swiped hard drive so you won't have any of your old save data either. A real shame actually. They'll likely just keep the PS3 you send in to them and refurbish it to do the same with someone else in the future. The one they send you should be in the same quality as the original though. But keep in mind, it won't be cheap.