G-MAL tips

#1mad_man258Posted 9/6/2012 4:51:32 PM
can any one of u guys give me some tips on how to do even better with this gun (i play mostly TDM solo and usually end up second
#2FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 9/6/2012 5:18:14 PM
Don't engage in shootouts in close range, you will lose.
Try to aim near their neck, that way with the recoil you will automatically go to their head rather than hitting their head once and then going too high and having to reaim.
If you're using the G-MAL, then you'll need a close range weapon for close fights. I recommend Sully's Micro Arm or the Para 9 with reload speed/clip size and blindfire accuracy, or the Para 9 with reload speed and clip size.
When aiming at targets really, really far away aim for the torso and don't rapidly tap R1 unless your aim is amazing, make sure to consciously only press R1 when they're in your reticule.
This is just more in general, but make sure to strafe a lot if you don't already.

I usually do pretty well with G-MAL coming in top 3, and I use the booster that lets you strafe quickly, and usually team safe/revenge as my second booster.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&
#3mad_man258(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 5:23:12 PM
thanks i actually use the same exact loadout as u. recomended mods?
#4StormTRPosted 9/6/2012 6:22:11 PM
mad_man258 posted...

Most people will probably recommend Elena's GMAL once you get the treasures as that's considered the best. Some will suggest Accuracy, but since the bonus is so small, I'd suggest Max Ammo, or failing that, Clip Size. Or Reload Speed depending on how often you run out of ammo in fights.
---
"Truth had gone, truth had gone, and truth had gone.
Now truth lies in darkness of the sinister hand."
#5FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 9/6/2012 6:29:51 PM
StormTR posted...
mad_man258 posted...

Most people will probably recommend Elena's GMAL once you get the treasures as that's considered the best. Some will suggest Accuracy, but since the bonus is so small, I'd suggest Max Ammo, or failing that, Clip Size. Or Reload Speed depending on how often you run out of ammo in fights.

Storm's right on the money. Elena's GMAL or accuracy, but I'd strongly suggest Elena's GMAL. Reload speed is amazing for the GMAL as it will let you mow down an entire team if your aim/strafing is good enough or at least get an extra kill or two. Clip size also pretty much does the same function, and Callout is extremely underrated imo. Callout is an insanely good team based mod, if you die your teammates will know exactly who is damaged and hasn't recovered yet, and if you're with a friend and not in the same room as them callout will let them know who to shoot so you can gang up on people and be strategically sound.

I've evolved from an individual kinda "run out there and give them hell kinda" player to more of a "team player that just wants to have fun and win the objective" kinda player now, so I play a lot of Plunder with the booster that lets you carry heavy objects with ease (you practically sprint with it lol) but if I'm ever getting my ass kicked or taunted, I can still switch to my main class and tear em a new one. One last thing, if you don't normally go for headshots (or neckshots as I suggested) try it out for the next 10 games you do. You will get killed more as you adjust to aiming at their neck, but once your muscle memory is more used to it you'll be dominating your opponents in 1v1 firefights.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&