No replayability?

#1midnyghtsson265Posted 2/16/2013 7:33:25 AM
While this game looks fun and well made, I think it will suffer from the Far Cry 3 effect. What type of end game or post game content will this offer? I'm done paying full price for games with no good incentive to replay them. Just by looking at videos, I don't think I would want a full second playthru unless somethings different.

If it has some sort of new game plus, I will probably buy day 1.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#2RepublicanThugPosted 2/16/2013 9:38:27 AM
Why do you consider replaying the game ala new game + replayability? Its the same game only EASIER. Sometimes if a game offers more challenging modes with new cheevos I'll give it another go.

And FC3 was a LONG game if you did everything so I would probably never play it again anyhow. Fun game tho

Mp is for longevity. Question is will mp be fun or not.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#3midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:35:25 PM
New game plus like Batman AC was FANTASTIC....no counters, and the enemy layout was wildly different. Made for a great challenge and the whole second playthrough was tougher. New game plus doesn't have to be easier, it just is when devs are not creative. Dead Island had replayability due to skill trees and different characters. Some games do it well, some do not. Hope TR thinks of something clever.

And Far Cry was decent, not really that long. The side missions were a joke and the main quest went fast once you hit the second island. And just because a game has a decent length, 30-40 hours....is that really long if you never play it again? I wanna rent 30 hour games, not own them. Thats my whole point.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#4AuroaPosted 2/16/2013 5:40:40 PM
They mentioned that you'll be able to still explore the island after you beat the main quests. Also the tombs are still there.

Not to mention all the relics, upgrading, documents, hunting achievements, and challenges you can still do.

Also I think I read that enemies will still show up in hubs for time to time.

That and multiplayer >_>
#5EremyndilPosted 2/22/2013 6:41:08 PM
Kinda off topic: A patch that resets enemy posts has been announced for Far Cry 3. I logged about 100 hours in that game; not common for a non-RPG.

What I have seen in the TR trailers reminded me of all the fun I had playing FC3 and now I am looking forward to this game.
---
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#6YoshioKSTPosted 2/22/2013 7:24:49 PM
There's skill growth, meaning you can play trough with a totally different style.
---
' Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' - Sun Tzu
#7JenniferTatePosted 2/23/2013 1:39:17 AM
Of end game lacks, I'll just start a new play through. Linear or not, Uncharted is fun to go through again and again to me. I used to milk the hell out of GoldenEye and Halo, and I still do with GTA and RDR.
---
I can do it to you gently, I can do it with an animal's grace
More topics from this board...
EpicnessHumanoid_Sharks77/9 10:54PM