Is this open world?

#1EremyndilPosted 2/22/2013 6:06:02 PM
I see there is fast travel. Is this a sand box (open world) game? I have been away from TR for a long time (not counting Guardian of Light) and all I remember is that it had huge levels but not open world.
---
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#2Eremyndil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:12:38 AM
Judging from the videos I've been looking at, it seems like an interactive movie. More like a lot of set pieces, like what Infinity Ward did with the Modern Warfare games. It will make for very good "Let's Play" videos; story so far is interesting, the voice acting seems good, and I like the music.

As for if it is open world, doesn't looks like it. I'm guessing that best case scenario is Witcher 2-like open. Its fast travel is used for Metroid-like backtracking to use acquired items/skills. But, unlike Metroid, it looks like the levels are not connected, which is why it needs the fast travel in the first place. However, it is still cool that you can go back to investigate things/areas you could not previously reach/access.
---
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"