The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Work around to rope rope ascender glitch worked for me.

#1DevilStriderPosted 3/3/2013 6:02:08 PM
Got it to work. I just kept aiming the bow and walked back and forth on the door that the crates supposed to fall on. I used the side of the door closest to the crane. I eventually just phased through the floor.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#2BrawlMasta08Posted 3/3/2013 6:11:26 PM
ANd for those of you who don't know exactly how it works, here you go:

SOLUTION:

Okay, here's what you do, use the rope ascender on the crate.
Next, go to the spot where the crate is SUPPOSED to be dropped.

Pull out your trusty bow, and aim it anywhere, next, move around the side of the "breaking point" (the spot that is supposed to break when the crate lands on it)

Find the part around the area where Lara puts away and pulls back out her bow very quickly.
Once you find that place, lightly move the control stick to that exact spot and try to get Lara's falling animation to show up.

Try to keep Lara in her falling animation, so that means lightly holding the control stick so that she stays that way,otherwise she will recover back on the "solid" part.

After a few tries, Lara's full body should phase through the part of the boat.

Remember the key here is to lightly use the control stick to find the correct spot, but don't worry, as long as you keep at it, it'll happen.
#3convoyriderPosted 3/3/2013 7:02:27 PM
my solution was to play the whole thing again, haha. It worked, though
#4WhitesburgPosted 3/6/2013 4:14:59 PM
thanks a whole whole lot!!!!!
#5poi_boyPosted 3/7/2013 11:07:30 PM
I couldn't get the aim-with-the-bow method to work. But I did find this video that worked for me. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJ1htML6As

As I said, it worked for me. And saved me a whole lot of head-/heartache. I'm loving this game!
#6IDarthSothIPosted 3/8/2013 1:37:42 AM
What a bunch of crap this was. The no bow right by the pipe method worked for me. What a waste of 10 minutes that was.
How does a glitch like that make it past game testing anyway?
---
One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
#7bobbychezPosted 3/10/2013 3:06:18 AM
Ran into this glitch myself and your workaround glitch worked for me. Thanks for posting.