Missable Achievements?

#1Steamy_BeastPosted 3/4/2013 4:06:24 AM
Are there any in this game or can I go back and get them?
---
* Xbox Live Gamertag: Steamy Beast * PSN Online ID: Steamy_Beast * Wii Friend Code: 3234 7624 1722 1509 Name: BEAST *
#2cursedgamerPosted 3/4/2013 4:25:56 AM
No idea, I've started about an hour ago and i'm exploring, finding everything pretty easily, treasure, caches are all marked on the map, only ones that aren't are something called ghost challenges which are totems within trees which i'm finding then shooting.
---
GT = Wolter White
#3kasbianPosted 3/4/2013 4:34:11 AM
The only ones i can think of are the ones which involve killing enemies in a certain way as im unsure if enemies will be around post completion.

For example, i still need to kill 5 zip lining enemies, so unless after the game enemies still zip line i will have to play through again.

All the collection achieves and animal hunting ones/ upgrading skills and weps can be done post completion
---
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12
#4rainbowdragon92Posted 3/4/2013 6:10:42 AM
there is one for talking to people at certain moments that is missable. Just everytime you see someone with an X above their head, talk to them. If you miss one, u have to playthrough the game again. That is the only missable one i can think of right now
#5kasbianPosted 3/4/2013 6:55:07 AM
rainbowdragon92 posted...
there is one for talking to people at certain moments that is missable. Just everytime you see someone with an X above their head, talk to them. If you miss one, u have to playthrough the game again. That is the only missable one i can think of right now

only just seen that one! :P guess its time to boot up a second playthough! reckon i can do it really quick with no side objectives and skipping all cut scenes!
---
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12
#6z0rk_zer0Posted 3/6/2013 6:31:59 AM
Steamy_Beast posted...
Are there any in this game or can I go back and get them?

I think I found one last night. For the "Inconceivable!" achievement, you have to complete all challenges. Assuming this includes things like the ghost totems and pyromaniac lanterns... there appears to be a missable lantern (that I missed) that would mean you can't get this achievement w/o starting over.

(possible spoiler)
FYI - I found all the totems OK, but I'm missing one lantern. I've scoured the area again, and the only place I can think of where it might be is inside the burning building - that you can't get back into once you've escaped. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
#7jasonthe123Posted 3/6/2013 6:42:30 AM
Are any of the GPS Caches, Documents, Optional Tombs, or Relics missable?

I'd like to go through the game finding them on my own, and completing the storyline before I use a guide to find any.
---
White FC: 2064 8469 9375 - Jason
#8jasonthe123Posted 3/6/2013 9:32:41 AM
^ Zork

There was one of those lanterns in the tiny area just before you go under the rock, where Lara makes the campfire. On the side you enter the area from, when it is still raining. Did you get that one?
---
#9z0rk_zer0Posted 3/6/2013 11:58:41 AM(edited)
jasonthe123 posted...
^ Zork

There was one of those lanterns in the tiny area just before you go under the rock, where Lara makes the campfire. On the side you enter the area from, when it is still raining. Did you get that one?

Hmmm... I think so. I'll double-check tonight. You're talking about before the "chimney," right? I'm pretty sure I got that one. I read from somewhere else that there were two in that bldg, and I know I only remember shooting one. (It was my second lantern at that point) Thanks for the input!

Edit: I broke down and checked a video on YouTube that shows all five... Only one of them was inside the bldg. I guess need to look more closely outside when I get home. Insofar as I know, you have to shoot that one to progress the story, so I guess I was wrong about the lanterns making this achievement missable.
#10jasonthe123Posted 3/6/2013 11:54:34 AM
I was mixed up and had the Chimes from the forest mixed with the Lanterns.

I got all 5 just moments ago though. There was only 1 inside the building.

Theres another building, right behind the campfire near the beginning of this place that has two on it though. Ones hanging on the ground level outer hanging, the other is on the tip top of the buildings hanging.

Not sure if you missed one of those or not.

The other two were inside two seperate buildings, that you have to climb up to get inside the upper levels.

And thats all 5 so hopefully you'll be able to find the one you missed. =]
---