So are weapons parts just random?

#11PunkinDrublic87Posted 3/6/2013 4:56:46 AM
terminall posted...
PunkinDrublic87 posted...
specific enemies have them, heres a list, dunno if its complete though possible spoilers:

http://www.gamersheroes.com/tomb-raider-guide-weapon-parts-guide

DO NOT CLICK THIS POSTER'S LINK. There's information paired with a dubious fake Java update.

I don't get anything about a java update, but ok...
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#12BigBoss_of_SHPosted 3/6/2013 9:46:50 AM
It seems pretty random, like the game will give you the upgrade parts when it feels like it.
Example, in that weapon upgrade guide link I missed a couple of the bow upgrades but have just managed to get the fully upgraded competition bow and I'm about an hour from the end of the game.
The upgrade parts appeared in random salvage crates. So by the end of the game you will probably have the most upgraded weapons just by randomly looting corpses and salvage crates.
So it doesn't seem all that specific where the parts are.
#13Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:09:52 AM
Possible slight spoilers I don't know how close I am to the end of the game but I have only gotten one bow upgrade so far and I have 1 piece going towards my next upgrade. But I just finished the part where that helicopter comes and you jump into it from the burning building. I hope I am not very close since the game is so good but I fear I am.
#14SunricerPosted 3/6/2013 10:52:13 AM
Possible slight spoilers I don't know how close I am to the end of the game but I have only gotten one bow upgrade so far and I have 1 piece going towards my next upgrade. But I just finished the part where that helicopter comes and you jump into it from the burning building. I hope I am not very close since the game is so good but I fear I am.

You're about 2/3rds into it, you still got a few hours to go. I was there last night and I finished the game 5-6 hours after that. (Although I took my time and collected everything)
---
http://oi47.tinypic.com/ofbvav.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ln7mn6.jpg
#15Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 12:05:38 PM
sunricer posted...

You're about 2/3rds into it, you still got a few hours to go. I was there last night and I finished the game 5-6 hours after that. (Although I took my time and collected everything)

Ok cool I am gonna go back and get some of the stuff I have missed In a bit.
#16derkasanPosted 3/6/2013 12:14:05 PM
Site looks fine to me. Looks like a sound guide too.
#17godFORBIDjellyPosted 3/7/2013 2:20:23 PM
strider_9000 posted...
I could be wrong, since I haven't beaten the game yet, and initially I was wondering the same thing, BUT....the feeling I'm getting so far is that once you've gotten to a certain point (can't comment on the mechanics of it yet...), the weapon parts start popping up in either salvage boxes or dead enemies...in other words, you get 'em when the game wants you to get 'em....so even if you miss a salvage box or two, or miss a dead guy to loot, the same weapon part will be just around the corner, so don't sweat it so much, you'll get it. Which makes sense, I guess, the further I go...they seem to have made it pretty easy as far as collectables go...you can find treasure maps which point everything except challenges out directly, and they even give you a perk that lets you see them in "survivalist vision" or whatever its called, even so far as to highlight it on the map if you're close (press the back button)...fyi, save yourself a few hours of looking around and just wait until you buy that perk to start looking for stuff....

I'd say this is wrong. I've cleared the entire game including all the stuff to find and do and I still need 2 parts for my pistol. I've looted everyone I've killed, checked and scavenged everything in sight. I beat the game and I am still missing parts.
---
gmrtag~ A Red Werewolf