This game blows Uncharted Away, so stop with the comparisons already.

#11vigorm0rtisPosted 3/5/2013 10:06:10 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
devastatorX2 posted...
An 86 averaged game (Tomb Raider) cannot be better than a 96 and 94 (Uncharted 2 & 3) averaged game.

stop being in denial

velvet_hammer has chimed in. Dumbassery achieved.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#12zeromaruoPosted 3/5/2013 10:11:11 PM
I like uncharted but this game had me glued to my chair uncharted never really did that.
#13LegionSoupPosted 3/5/2013 10:12:41 PM
I haven't beat Tomb Raider yet, but from what I've played so far, it's much easier than Uncharted. I still haven't died yet, and I just did the part where the (spoilers) plane crashes. I'm playing on normal difficulty.

Also, Uncharted has (in my opinion) better characters. They are more memorable and likable.

Uncharted's biggest moments are better than Tomb Raiders (so far). A building falling while you're in it? A sinking ship turned sideways with the ocean forcing its way through the glass? Those parts are amazing, and nothing in Tomb Raider has come close to those (as of yet).

Having said that, I'm definitely enjoying the gameplay aspect of Tomb Raider. There are also weird things about Tomb Raider, like Lara's "I can see all of the hidden stuff on the screen when you hit a button." I find that to be just odd. Why can't you just see things, or find them on your own? Why does she have some built in item finder that a character like Batman would need goggles for?
#14pyromania86Posted 3/5/2013 10:20:36 PM
LegionSoup posted...
I haven't beat Tomb Raider yet, but from what I've played so far, it's much easier than Uncharted. I still haven't died yet, and I just did the part where the (spoilers) plane crashes. I'm playing on normal difficulty.

Also, Uncharted has (in my opinion) better characters. They are more memorable and likable.

Uncharted's biggest moments are better than Tomb Raiders (so far). A building falling while you're in it? A sinking ship turned sideways with the ocean forcing its way through the glass? Those parts are amazing, and nothing in Tomb Raider has come close to those (as of yet).

Having said that, I'm definitely enjoying the gameplay aspect of Tomb Raider. There are also weird things about Tomb Raider, like Lara's "I can see all of the hidden stuff on the screen when you hit a button." I find that to be just odd. Why can't you just see things, or find them on your own? Why does she have some built in item finder that a character like Batman would need goggles for?

In response to that last part, I prefer not to use it. I am glad everything isn't obvious or shiny like in most games.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/pyromania1986/comp.jpg
#15LegionSoupPosted 3/5/2013 10:22:37 PM
pyromania86 posted...
LegionSoup posted...

In response to that last part, I prefer not to use it. I am glad everything isn't obvious or shiny like in most games.

You're right. I tend to overuse it because I want to see everything, but no one is forcing me to use it. I kind of went on autopilot and abused it after the game told me about it.
#16jounintPosted 3/5/2013 10:27:03 PM
I was really hoping the game was as good , if not better than the uncharted series. I'm a gamer, and I just want to play awesome games. That being said, I loved the uncharted series, but there isn't a new uncharted game to play right now, so I wouldn't mind playing a game that is similar or otherwise inspired by it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 279308000766
3DS Name: Tony
#17velvet_hammerPosted 3/5/2013 10:46:29 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
devastatorX2 posted...
An 86 averaged game (Tomb Raider) cannot be better than a 96 and 94 (Uncharted 2 & 3) averaged game.

stop being in denial

velvet_hammer has chimed in. Dumbassery achieved.

w/e this means. I already beat TR and while I liked it, Uncharted is much better.. TR MP is also laughable

Thanks for playing
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?
#18Uchiha_HaiPosted 3/5/2013 11:12:18 PM
Only thing that is concrete is UC2 > UC3.

I don't know what they were thinking with UC3.
#19SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/5/2013 11:29:29 PM
Uncharted is a cartoon compared to this. Its wonky control scheme feels silly after playing tomb raider. I played uncharted 2 tonight for a little bit. Tomb raider feels much more intense and mature.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#20BSerenityPosted 3/5/2013 11:31:35 PM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
Uncharted is a cartoon compared to this. Its wonky control scheme feels silly after playing tomb raider. I played uncharted 2 tonight for a little bit. Tomb raider feels much more intense and mature.

I enjoy the UC series, but damn it I really hate the floaty controls... ND should have tighten up the controls...
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!