This game blows Uncharted Away, so stop with the comparisons already.

#81FinnelforeverPosted 3/6/2013 9:18:03 AM
huerito323 posted...
Carpetfluff posted...
I'd put it on par with Uncharted 2 overall, but I think the combat is better in TR and the collapsing / running sections feel more natural too. It's absolutely better than Uncharted 3 by a desert mile.

Seems, judging by some topics I saw, the rabid PS3 fanbase seem to need this to not be as good as an Uncharted game just because it's multi-platform and that seems to threaten their exclusive series...or some nonsense. Meanwhile, us gamers probably play both series and enjoy them both.

Thats exactly whats going on here. Uncharted is a PlayStation exclusive, so they have to say it's a better game because if they say Tomb Raider is better, then Uncharted being Sony's best exclusive becomes irrelevant when there's a better game in that genre.

To be fair, XBots are also trying too hard to convince people this game blows Uncharted away because they want to deny Sony got awesome exclusives.

Both games are awesome. And TC is being stupid by saying "stop with the comparisons already" and then went on comparing the two again... ROFL
#82darkcresent91Posted 3/6/2013 9:28:11 AM
this game is better than uncharted? lol ok
#83trenkenPosted 3/6/2013 9:29:11 AM
Samman123 posted...
Uncharted 2 is better.

I have to agree. U2 was really amazing. Im liking TR too, but its not U2, sorry it just isnt.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#84NolaxPosted 3/6/2013 9:42:04 AM
Tomb Raider has taken alot of ideas from Uncharted but every game takes ideas from other games.

For me what this game does better is combat and exploration.....plus the game isn't over in 4 hours.
#85TheGrandFinalePosted 3/6/2013 9:47:57 AM(edited)
Nolax posted...
Tomb Raider has taken alot of ideas from Uncharted but every game takes ideas from other games.

It's kind of why, I don't like the comparison much. And I say that as a person who doesn't especially care for Uncharted. Tomb Raider does take a lot from it. They took these ideas, looked at what didn't work about them, or felt undercooked and just made them better.

It's easy to be better than a game, you are apeing haha. Gunplay in Uncharted is floaty and poorly controlled (UC3 controls had to be patched!), with poor gun feedback. Here it feels like UC combat, but with weight and great, precise controls.

I am not taking pot shots at TR haha. It's an outstanding game and will be in my top 5 of this gen. But yeah...It's better than X and X because it took everything from tons of games and fixed the flaws.
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#86tagzskiePosted 3/6/2013 9:51:25 AM
For me Uncharted is better than TR, theres a reason why uncharted 2 get so many awards and higher score than TR. Admit it or not score and review helps when deciding game when you have mix feeling of your favorite franchise ex. resident evil 6 etc. Lets stop those "you only like uncharted cause its ps3 exclusive blah blah blah" because it can be said vice versa.

Though i already finished this game on my jtag xbox360 a week ago (you can play games 1 to 2 weeks early, benefits of jtag) i plan to buy it on my ps3 thinking, i want to support this type of developer. Too many message but theres 1 thing i aggree, BOTH are fun to play
The score for me UC2 9.6, UC3 9.4, TR 9.0, UC 8.5
#87ffxauronmagusctPosted 3/6/2013 10:20:54 AM(edited)
Of course this topic is on the 360 board. I'd say the game is almost as good as uncharted, certainly doesn't blow it away by any means. That's just a way for 360 fanboys to make themselves feel better that they don't have an Uncharted on their system.

Edit: And stop trying to say it's better as if that's some sort of victory for the xbox. This game is multiplatform.
---
Not changing my sig 'til Yoshi Tatsu wins a title or is released. Started 2/26/10
#88TheGrandFinalePosted 3/6/2013 10:22:35 AM
ffxauronmagusct posted...
Of course this topic is on the 360 board. I'd say the game is almost as good as uncharted, certainly doesn't blow it away by any means. That's just a way for 360 fanboys to make themselves feel better that they don't have an Uncharted on their system.

Edit: And stop trying to say it's better as if that's some sort of victory for the xbox. This game is multiplatform.

And what about me, who has a PS3 and a 360 and thinks that Tomb Raider is a much better game than Uncharted?
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#89Erupt50Posted 3/6/2013 10:25:45 AM
TheGrandFinale posted...
ffxauronmagusct posted...

And what about me, who has a PS3 and a 360 and thinks that Tomb Raider is a much better game than Uncharted?

Same with me. Have both systems, played all 3 uncharted games, thinks tomb raider is much, much better.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#90SixxxPosted 3/6/2013 10:28:30 AM
to be fair I havent gotten to play TR yet but UC2 was one of the best games Ive played in awhile. Now Part 3 well that game failed in comparison I rated them 2,1,3 with 3 being the worst. Its ABRUPTLY SHORT campaign and the story wasnt as well thought out as part 2s much less part 1. Hopefully they spend more time on making the game BETTER than 2.