This game blows Uncharted Away, so stop with the comparisons already.

#91Juzten76Posted 3/6/2013 10:38:52 AM
Nolax posted...
Tomb Raider has taken alot of ideas from Uncharted but every game takes ideas from other games.

For me what this game does better is combat and exploration.....plus the game isn't over in 4 hours.

Tomb Raider is the culmination of some of the best things about the greatest games this generation. You can clearly see the inspiration from Gears of War, Skyrim, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, GTA, and Bioshock. This is what you get when developers compete to out-do each other and I love it. The next gen of gaming is going to be phenomenal.
#92blegit97Posted 3/6/2013 10:44:59 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Nolax posted...
Tomb Raider has taken alot of ideas from Uncharted but every game takes ideas from other games.

For me what this game does better is combat and exploration.....plus the game isn't over in 4 hours.

Tomb Raider is the culmination of some of the best things about the greatest games this generation. You can clearly see the inspiration from Gears of War, Skyrim, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, GTA, and Bioshock. This is what you get when developers compete to out-do each other and I love it. The next gen of gaming is going to be phenomenal.

This.
#93symach(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:45:18 AM(edited)
Quote:They compare the two because the similarities are undeniable. Also I'm guessing TC hasn't played the uncharted series anyway.

With that said though, tomb raider is most definately better than uncharted.

@Erupt50
Than you are guessing wrong, why do people assume you haven't played something if you like something else better unless they are just mindless fanboys? For the record, I have played and beaten UC 1 twice, UC 2 three times, and UC 3 I put down after about halfway through because the enemy ai was embarrassingly inferior to UC 2 to the point where is was detrimental to my experience. And for the record, uncharted was OK, and yes I no longer have a ps3 because I played every exclusive up until last nov when I sold it and the only ps3 exclusive in regret not being able to play more was heavy rain. The sony defense force will probably troll me for it but I'm not impressed with the ps3 exclusives, UC was good, HR was great, all the others for me were meh, I prefere Halo, Gears, and Splinter Cell to all the ps3 exclusives. But I'm getting away from the point, I subjectively believe TR is a step up from uncharted, Mass Effect 2 is the only game this gen that I may have been more impressed with.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#94monsterlord-18Posted 3/6/2013 11:11:38 AM
truth be told, i like Uncharted better.
#95Erupt50Posted 3/6/2013 11:20:09 AM
symach posted...
Quote:They compare the two because the similarities are undeniable. Also I'm guessing TC hasn't played the uncharted series anyway.

With that said though, tomb raider is most definately better than uncharted.

@Erupt50
Than you are guessing wrong, why do people assume you haven't played something if you like something else better unless they are just mindless fanboys? For the record, I have played and beaten UC 1 twice, UC 2 three times, and UC 3 I put down after about halfway through because the enemy ai was embarrassingly inferior to UC 2 to the point where is was detrimental to my experience. And for the record, uncharted was OK, and yes I no longer have a ps3 because I played every exclusive up until last nov when I sold it and the only ps3 exclusive in regret not being able to play more was heavy rain. The don't defense force will probably troll me for it but I'm not impressed with the ps3 exclusives, UC was good, HR was great, all the others for me were meh, I prefere Halo, Gears, and Splinter Cell to all the ps3 exclusives. But I'm getting away from the point, I subjectively believe TR is a step up from uncharted, Mass Effect 2 is the only game this gen that I may have been more impressed with.

My assumption wasn't based on you liking one game over the other. It was based on you not understanding why the games are being compared to each other and then proceeding to bash uncharted. Your post oozed of 360fanboyness(whether you are or aren't) which is why I assumed you didn't play them.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#96huerito323Posted 3/6/2013 11:21:27 AM
While people are arguing about this being better than Uncharted or not, I'm asking myself if this can be the best game I've ever played. I am so immersed in this game it's unbelievable. I didn't even have time to think about Uncharted.
#97Dev445Posted 3/6/2013 11:48:16 AM
After playing threw this game some more, I'm sorry but this game is s****** on Uncharted. Everything is so much better the controls, environment, gameplay. The only thing Uncharted has over TR is graphics and they aren't a whole lot better.

I'd say the only reason Uncharted ( well Uncharted 2) got such high praise is because there was no other game like it. The High set pieces, and graphics it kind of set the standard for adventure games; like how Resident Evil 4 did with 3rd person shooters.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#98Spid3rCyd3Posted 3/6/2013 11:50:30 AM
Yep, Uncharted 2 is better, definitely. TR is good though.
#99shawnmckPosted 3/6/2013 11:54:05 AM
What people (fanboys) fail to realize about Uncharted, is that the environments are very constrictive. That is to say that you can't roam around much.
People love to point to it to somehow show the prowess of the PS3, but that is really a false claim, because in order to get such good visuals, Uncharted has to restrict the freedom of exploration, and shrink down the size of the environments.
Just look at god of war....you are on an extremely narrow path with limited camera control...but damn those graphics look good & "prove that the PS3 is te bestest ever"...

Since Tomb Raider isn't a PS3 exclusive, it isn't trying to fool anyone into thinking that the PS3 is more powerful, so they can make the game the way they want with bigger & more expansive areas.
So its no wonder that Tomb Raider is more appealing than Uncharted.
#100darkgod1000Posted 3/6/2013 12:12:57 PM
You can't not compare the two series. The new Tomb Raider is so much like Uncharted that people were making comparisons even before the game was released. It looks as if the developer modeled the game after Uncharted when they set out to make it. That said I prefer Uncharted to Tomb Raider. I was never the biggest Tomb Raider fan and when Drake's Fortune was released I didn't give Lara a second look.