its like far cry 3 and uncharted bore a game-child

#1Phunkmaster83Posted 3/10/2013 3:56:55 PM
woah
#2shuggyconeheadPosted 3/10/2013 4:01:51 PM
Can we please have more of these topics?
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#3Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/10/2013 4:18:58 PM
I hear the placenta is quite a delicacy.
---
The Jersey Guy
#4Plant42Posted 3/10/2013 4:20:00 PM
I hear Tomb Raider has been around since the 90's. How long has Uncharted existed again?
#5MantisoPosted 3/10/2013 6:50:16 PM(edited)
I hear Tomb Raider has been around since the 90's. How long has Uncharted existed again?

Stop using this illogical excuse. This game has little relation to the old TR games and quite alot with the Uncharted series.
And this is coming from an old TR fan. I love the series. More than Uncharted. They are probably THE games that got me heavily into games back in the 90's, but this latest reboot has Uncharteds fingerprints all over it. From the cover based shooting to the dramatic action set pieces to the simplified platforming. This game has way more in common with Uncharted than classic TR. Deal with it because ignoring it or denying it makes you look like a blind fanboy.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#6Artha_PennPosted 3/10/2013 6:50:13 PM
It shouldn't matter what a game "feels like" I say you should just enjoy a game for what it IS. Whether or not this game is "like Uncharted" which I have never played btw, and don't care to, Uncharted, itself was based on elements of other games, and so on down the line, to the old tomb raiders, which were probably based on elements of other games along with new ideas, etc. all the way back down to classic games like Pitfall. So I say everyone should stop worrying about what game feels like what game, and just enjoy the games for what they are. If you like the game, cool. If you don't you don't have to play it or keep it.
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#7MantisoPosted 3/10/2013 7:18:09 PM
I do like it. I just mourn the death of classic TR. A genre of exploration/puzzle based platforming that has no true successor. Tomb Raider conforming to the current action trends means we've lost a genre of gaming. One unlikely to reappear in these action heavy times.

*sheds single tear*
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
#8CarnageElitePosted 3/10/2013 7:24:22 PM
Mantiso posted...

Stop using this illogical excuse. This game has little relation to the old TR games and quite alot with the Uncharted series.
And this is coming from an old TR fan. I love the series. More than Uncharted. They are probably THE games that got me heavily into games back in the 90's, but this latest reboot has Uncharteds fingerprints all over it. From the cover based shooting to the dramatic action set pieces to the simplified platforming. This game has way more in common with Uncharted than classic TR. Deal with it because ignoring it or denying it makes you look like a blind fanboy.

Have you played Tomb Raider Legend? Because Uncharted was basically that with a cover system. There is no "Uncharted fingerprints." Uncharted is nothing more than a cover shooter that ripped elements off of Tomb Raider. There really is very little that Uncharted has done first.
#9MantisoPosted 3/10/2013 7:35:16 PM
Uncharted is nothing more than a cover shooter that ripped elements off of Tomb Raider

Uncharted has more in common with Gears of War only with an adventure skin than with classic Tomb Raider. They are very different forms of gameplay.
---
#10Hello4438Posted 3/10/2013 7:37:49 PM
I remember playing Uncharted 1 and realizing I've already played the game before only it was called Tomb Raider: Legend