This game destroyed Uncharted in every way (Oppinion/Spoilers)

#21Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:27:49 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
Rome218 posted...
The thing that put me off to Uncharted was the combat. That was like half the game, and it was executed poorly. I love a cover system third person shooter, but why did it feel like it was copying Gears of War? A man in a tank top does not need to receive that many bullets to fall to the ground.

If Drake's Fortune had a combat system where people die better, than I would like that. Tomb Raider's platforming never feels like a chore. The controls are perfect, and although the platforming is on the easy side, it's a lot of fun.

The combat between the two games are so far in Tomb Raider's favor, it's not fair. I think there are some that will swear by Drake's Fortune because it's the only last relevant thing PS3 gamers have to hold onto. IMO ports have dominated this gen. Almost every game that there is an exclusive, there is a third party game that is better.

Thank you, you described my thoughts exactly, let alone always low ammo count I had in the original game.
The combat just was a pain in the ass, to frequent, to long and took way to much damage to down mobs.

I'm with you guys. While I will always see Uncharted 2 as one of PS3's best titles, I really enjoyed Tomb Raider a lot more. TR's combat is so much better and it never felt like you were fighting off an army of guys.

The few times when you did fight an army, you were able to take them out rather efficiently too...

Still, all the games, both UC and TR are good.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#22Doober2Posted 3/14/2013 12:15:22 AM(edited)
I loved Uncharted 2, but I thought TR was much better

Gameplay, platforming, stealth, cinematic sequences and puzzles were all more enjoyable in TR to me.

The gameplay in particular was just a lot more enjoyable due to it giving you new stuff as you go, keeping it fresh throughout. And TR cover system was terrific.

Also on stealth, in Uncharted there are loads of enemies you need to stealth out, if one spots you, you need to fight loads more. The problem is, the stealth just isn't worth the effort, cause if you do stealth and fail, you end up in the middle of an area with enemies all around you.

I always found it better to just take one or 2 out, and then just get into the firefight. I like how TR allowed to avoid a fight if you wanted, and even if spotted, the game doesn't send as many enemies at you as uncharted does.

Plus TR's combat mechanics were far better done, and I preferred the enemies in the game too.

---
Currently Playing: Suikoden II, Tomb Raider
#23bladegash666Posted 3/14/2013 1:44:29 AM
Disagree in every possible way.

-Story is garbage in TR
-Not very polished in MP or SP.
-Despite having platforming , it feels limited compared to Uncharted's platforming. And just as easy(no surprise since they copied it).
-Cover is done poorly. No cover button. Enemies consistently rushing you out of cover=cover was added just to get TPS fans to buy it. Also less enemy variety.
-Exploration and hunting are passe in the game. Survival Instinct is insulting and makes discovery a complete chore most of the time. The optional tombs are bad , and it felt like they were added as a last ditch attempt to keep the soul of a real TR game.
-Collectibles are done poorly. They just give you XP for breakneck skills that make an already easy game easier.
-This one is a minor one I guess...NO UNLOCKABLE STUFF! No NG+ either. Kinda ****ed up Uncharted did treasure and collectibles better lol.
-Tacked on , dated , garbage MP. No party system and invites system=instafail.

+Good atmosphere
+Decent pacing
+Good gameplay
+Decent score.
+Great graphics.
+Mostly good VA.

It's great , but Uncharted is much better. The devs know this , and that's why they copied it so much.
---
"I was wrong about you ; you are just like one of us. Now you're just being NASTY!"'
#24DarkBlademasterPosted 3/14/2013 4:17:40 AM
Instead of writing a novela, I will break my opinion down into simple comparison bullet points. I am using Uncharted 2, since it arguably is the strongest in the series.

-Lead character = Tomb Raider
-Supporting characters = Uncharted
-Graphics/Visual Design = Uncharted
-Compelling Story = Tomb Raider
-Combat = Tomb Raider
- Platforming mechanics = Tie
-Musical score = Uncharted
- Replayability = Tomb Raider
-Multiplayer = Uncharted
-Overall = Tomb Raider
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#25revolution3603Posted 3/14/2013 4:48:20 AM
Am I the only that felt this didn't feel like uncharted at all ? I feel other than the set pieces it more like what rocksteady did with the Arkham titles.

- the huge open areas to attack in different ways
-obtaining new gadgets in order to progress to new areas
- detective mode whatever you call what Lara does

I mean there are elements of uncharted but I never felt like I was playing uncharted .Uncharted is still better at what it does because it dedicated solely to that where as tomb raider only incorporated elements of it.
---
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLEs!!!!!'
#26DeftallicaPosted 3/14/2013 1:59:19 PM
I don't have a PS3 so I've never played any of the Uncharted series. I've wanted to, and there's a handful of other exclusives I'd like to try, but just spent money on my 360 and other hobbies (shooting is damn expensive).

But with all the people saying this Tomb Raider (which I've REALLY enjoyed) being so similar to Uncharted, I'm very much reconsidering picking up a PS3 if that's the case. Maybe when the PS4 is released and the PS3's get knocked down further in price I'll grab one. I don't mind being behind a gen on Sony's console.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#27majormPosted 3/14/2013 3:08:01 PM(edited)
I'd rather look at Lara's butt than Nathan Drake's. Other than that, Uncharted is superior in every way.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#28majormPosted 3/14/2013 3:12:44 PM
DarkBlademaster posted...
Instead of writing a novela, I will break my opinion down into simple comparison bullet points. I am using Uncharted 2, since it arguably is the strongest in the series.

-Lead character = Tomb Raider
-Supporting characters = Uncharted
-Graphics/Visual Design = Uncharted
-Compelling Story = Tomb Raider
-Combat = Tomb Raider
- Platforming mechanics = Tie
-Musical score = Uncharted
- Replayability = Tomb Raider
-Multiplayer = Uncharted
-Overall = Tomb Raider

The only one I agree with may be story. Everything else...Uncharted. Hands down! Especially lead character. Nathan Drake is a terrific protagonist. So much more personality than Lara. We're not basing it on who looks better in a wet T-shirt are we?
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#29Uchiha_HaiPosted 3/14/2013 7:47:31 PM
Drake is short or his legs are short as hell. Dude's character model always look soff for some reason.

UC3 was overhyped and overrated. UC2 was definitely the best in the series... and for anyone saying TR copied UC... TR franchise has been out since the 90s when Naughty Dog were focused on making Crash Bandicoot.

TR is just the more fun game to play... you can just pick it up and start playing. I'm not sure if you can do that with the UC series. And I don't like how they made UC series so unrealistic by having Drake shoot off hundres of men... like c'mon man that is just not realistic.

Hopefully ND can strike the right cord with The Last of Us.

Until then, I'm still much more excited/looking forward to TR 2.