Nathan Drake, in a thong?!?!

#1nukeboy777Posted 3/24/2013 10:54:30 AM
I've always loved Tomb Raider. So when it was shown that a new entry in the franchise was released, I was ecstatic. The only thing is, after I watched gameplay videos Tomb Raider bears a very strong resemblance to another game we all know really well.

What always set Laura apart from other characters in the same genre, is just how ridiculous and over the top her games are. Before I buy the Tomb Raider reboot, I want to know is it as crazy as the previous installments? I want to shoot dinosaurs and drop kick tigers. Just how wild and 'actiony' is the reboot compared to earlier games in the franchise?
#2littlecletusPosted 3/24/2013 2:27:28 PM
Its not.
Skip it.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#3nilla151Posted 3/24/2013 3:58:27 PM
nah it's not like the older games. skip it if that's what you want. i personally enjoyed it quite a bit
---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.
#4Flipsider99Posted 3/24/2013 4:40:02 PM
It's Uncharted Raider now. There are some token optional tombs to explore, but that's not the focus of the game... now the focus is shooting dudes. I think you'd be wise to skip it.
#5NewMoonShadowPosted 3/24/2013 5:22:32 PM
nukeboy777 posted...
I've always loved Tomb Raider. So when it was shown that a new entry in the franchise was released, I was ecstatic. The only thing is, after I watched gameplay videos Tomb Raider bears a very strong resemblance to another game we all know really well.

What always set Laura apart from other characters in the same genre, is just how ridiculous and over the top her games are. Before I buy the Tomb Raider reboot, I want to know is it as crazy as the previous installments? I want to shoot dinosaurs and drop kick tigers. Just how wild and 'actiony' is the reboot compared to earlier games in the franchise?

You sound like you WANT action-based gameplay, if that's the case this game should suit you quite well. Though while Lara does come across some malevolent paranormal forces, she doesn't run into any dinosaurs or do any stupid-crazy acrobatics on them.
#6zewhitguyPosted 3/25/2013 7:13:35 PM
No puzzles and you only kill humans its a rental at best brah try tomb raider underworld you get to use mjonir to kill great white sharks.
---
Godzilla would destroy King Kong
#7TashaMKPosted 3/29/2013 3:53:42 AM
She's not actually wearing a thong, in case that weighs on your decision.
---
Nothin' beats the hobo life,
Stabbin' folks with my hobo knife...