Even without the new game plus the game has a lot of replay value

#1seaweed1972Posted 3/28/2013 2:04:59 PM
I read a couple of post and i guess it makes sense about the no new game plus feature, fact that Lara kind of gets the weapons has the game goes by and she needs them to accomplish various task.

I guess its sad that she does not get some of them sooner, like the second bow and that rope turbo thing LOL.

In my second play trough i wont make the same mistake has in the first, in the first play trough i upgraded the first bow and hand gun to 100%, i also upgraded the shotgun to 80% but found myself using a lot more the machine gun which was upgraded to only 67%.

I even beat the final boss with the machine gun, and found that the shotgun was useless true out the game except for opening doors and when Lara is sliding and stuff.

The machine gun has so many amazing upgrades like the grenade launcher and more, even at 67% i was cutting the bad guys in half, there is also a silencer that can be upgraded that i did not get and more things, i am saving all my upgrades for the machine gun this time around this and the second bow.

Has for the replay value like i said the game starts slow, and takes you into this learning curve, hunting, climbing, fighting and more, but when it gets going its amazing, i feel i could have added maybe like 10 more chapters to it, since you get the second bow so late in the game.

But this game is like all 3 Uncharted, you play it then you leave it there for a while and get back at it at least a few times a year, i must have played all 3 uncharted games at least 25 times each, the puzzles where always the same, and the game was always played the same but they where such amazing games that i just kept coming back to them, i love platforming what can i say.

I can't wait for the second tomb raider game eidos did a great job just like they did with hitman absolution and for the casual gamer its ideal not hard at all even on normal and i have not been frustrated one time playing tomb raider, i just laughed hard each time Lara died badly.
#2otakutwinPosted 3/28/2013 3:22:11 PM
seaweed1972 posted...
I read a couple of post and i guess it makes sense about the no new game plus feature, fact that Lara kind of gets the weapons has the game goes by and she needs them to accomplish various task.

I guess its sad that she does not get some of them sooner, like the second bow and that rope turbo thing LOL.

In my second play trough i wont make the same mistake has in the first, in the first play trough i upgraded the first bow and hand gun to 100%, i also upgraded the shotgun to 80% but found myself using a lot more the machine gun which was upgraded to only 67%.

I even beat the final boss with the machine gun, and found that the shotgun was useless true out the game except for opening doors and when Lara is sliding and stuff.

The machine gun has so many amazing upgrades like the grenade launcher and more, even at 67% i was cutting the bad guys in half, there is also a silencer that can be upgraded that i did not get and more things, i am saving all my upgrades for the machine gun this time around this and the second bow.

Has for the replay value like i said the game starts slow, and takes you into this learning curve, hunting, climbing, fighting and more, but when it gets going its amazing, i feel i could have added maybe like 10 more chapters to it, since you get the second bow so late in the game.

But this game is like all 3 Uncharted, you play it then you leave it there for a while and get back at it at least a few times a year, i must have played all 3 uncharted games at least 25 times each, the puzzles where always the same, and the game was always played the same but they where such amazing games that i just kept coming back to them, i love platforming what can i say.

I can't wait for the second tomb raider game eidos did a great job just like they did with hitman absolution and for the casual gamer its ideal not hard at all even on normal and i have not been frustrated one time playing tomb raider, i just laughed hard each time Lara died badly.

The replay value of the game doesn't have as much value as you seem to think. Very little changes on the second go round you just change some tactics and weapon usage. That doesn't increase the replay value cause your still doing the same thing and getting the same skills. Just choosing what to upgrade differently first. Yes I can say this cause I have already beating the game on 100% and 92% on the second go round. There was almost no change other than some tactics I used and the weapons I preferred to use.
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#3seaweed1972(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 2:13:40 PM
Same has uncharted you play the same leave it on the shelf for a month or so and play again. Tomb Raider is way to impressive and fun to just play once.
#4DahlVaughnniPosted 3/29/2013 2:50:27 PM
People don't seem to know what replay value is. The game doesn't have to be DIFFERENT in each playthrough. As a matter of fact, I find that most games are less replayable when there are endless combinations.

It's a rare thing, but there are some games that you can just pop in and play once or twice a year, even if they don't do anything different each time. Paper Mario 64, Metroid Prime, Zelda OoT, and Tales of Symphonia all come to mind.

After finishing them, I wouldn't ever touch Dragon's Dogma or Darksiders again, but you bet your ass I'll pop in Dark Souls or The Witcher 2 any day of the week. To me, replayability is a game that has very very few "ugh, THIS part again?" moments, which Tomb Raider has only one very minor part I wouldn't look forward to replaying. As a matter of fact, I'd like to play through it again just to see how it would feel now that I have a deep grasp on the controls as opposed to my blind playthrough where I didn't even realize I could zoom in until halfway through.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#5TaikutsunaPosted 3/29/2013 8:29:28 PM
Saying this game has no replay value is like saying " I raced around the first track in racing game, time to trade it in" I don't know about you, but I've played Monopoly more than once. Chess more than once. Multiple types of video games more than once.

I've already played this twice to 100% and while this game may sit on the shelf for months, I guarantee ill be revisiting the island before the next Tomb Raider comes out.
---
If you reach your conclusions through the "Process of Elimination"... Make sure you Flush.
#6Shinobi_DaisukePosted 4/1/2013 1:43:29 AM
I wish weapon use was less forced in this game. I'd love to be able to stealth through the entire game, only using the bow. I really don't like gunplay in games.
---
Gamertag: ShinobiDaisukeX
#7otakutwinPosted 4/1/2013 6:36:53 AM
I didn't say that TR has no replay value I just said it has less than the TC says. The actual replay of the game is decent but it's always the same thing all the time with the exception of weapons and choice of what skills you unlock in what ever order. Now there is maybe only one part of the game that is boring but replay value is what value you get out of replaying the game IE: new game plus, new costumes, NG+ or even having the weapons to start with, something along those lines, but this all based on opinions and point of views of the game and what replay value means to each player.
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#8ElemenopePosted 4/11/2013 2:55:43 PM
I just wish it had some sort of chapter select. You can only fight that big samurai guy once per save slot, after you beat him it autosaves and you have to play through the whole game again to get to him again
---
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.