which game is better?

#1blizzardrgPosted 4/17/2013 10:37:02 PM
This or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?
#2JamanjaxPosted 4/17/2013 10:49:47 PM
This. And I say that as a fan of MGS, Platinum Games, AND action games.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#3blizzardrg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:12:15 PM
Is MGS bad?
#4Flipsider99Posted 4/18/2013 10:38:35 PM
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a much, much, MUCH better game. This game is completely derivative, casual, and plays itself half the time. Metal Gear Rising is developed by Platinum games, has a unique gimmick and a really well designed battle system. It's not even close.
#5NIN_tendoPosted 4/19/2013 12:23:59 AM
They're both great but I prefer MGR.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#6JamanjaxPosted 4/19/2013 2:38:01 AM
Flipsider99 posted...
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a much, much, MUCH better game. This game is completely derivative, casual, and plays itself half the time.

Oh shut the **** up.

blizzardrg posted...
Is MGS bad?

Nah, it's a great game. In my top three for the year so far, but it isn't quite up to par with Platinum's other efforts.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#7BayouJoePosted 4/19/2013 6:32:39 AM
I'll take this game anyday.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#8Flipsider99Posted 4/19/2013 7:56:12 AM
Jamanjax posted...
Oh shut the **** up.

No, since you told me to shut up, I think I'll talk more. Thanks for asking.

Tomb Raider is simply not a very good game. As a shooter, it's okay, but not particularly challenging. At least it controls smoothely. But it's a very derivative game. You can't compare that to MGS:R which has a totally unique and innovative mechanic, which the entire game is designed around, which creates a fresh new experience.

If we want to talk about stories, both games have pretty bad writing. But personally I prefer MGS's more for being quirky and outrageous, at least it's interesting at times. Tomb Raider's story is a vapid attempt at mimicing vapid Hollywood movies. All the characters other than Lara are as shallow as Hell, and nothing happens in the game that isn't overwraught or predictable.

Regardless of opinions right now, I'm quite positive that MGS:R will be the historically more important game. In the future when games include more ways to dynamically damage an enemy, they'll look back on MGS:R as a stepping stone. No one will look back at Tomb Raider 13 as a stepping stone towards anything except mediocrity.
#9xZeiuPosted 4/19/2013 8:35:23 AM
I just got this game and so far it's a lot better than I thought it would be, definitely one of the better releases this year. I played the demo and watched lots of videos for MGR and it seemed really boring, the 'completely awe-inspiring innovating slash bro fest' that guy up there is praising is nothing but a gimmick and it doesn't work well at all, I was tired of it half way through the first battle.
---
XBL GT: Zeiu // PSN ID: Zeiu
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/derpabot
#10AWarAmp84Posted 4/19/2013 8:42:54 AM
Tomb Raider is better.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.