Do you consider this the best Tomb Raider game ever made?

#1moniewitchPosted 5/19/2013 1:35:02 PM
Just wondering do you why or why not? Have not yet to play it but will for my birthday. Thanks
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#2rb10001Posted 5/24/2013 4:08:31 AM
ahh... to be a kid. getting excited just to play a game.

hope you have fun with it
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#3sidebeardPosted 5/24/2013 10:49:14 AM
When 2 came out that probably made a bigger impact on me but I think, overall, this is the most enjoyable game to date.

I just hope I can do a swan dive in the next one!
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#4AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 5/24/2013 10:49:53 AM
It's the most polished and even.
It's really really good.

I think 1, 2 and Underworld are better, personally.
---
Do you even row?
#5moniewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 3:31:41 PM
Alright thanks
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#6MrDummyPosted 5/24/2013 5:49:52 PM
Best TR game to date for sure!

MrD
---
Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter, Tomb Raider & DmC!
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = TRUE LOVE
#7davegramsPosted 5/27/2013 8:00:50 PM
Kind of comparing apples to oranges.

This game is completely different than Tomb Raiders of old.
This is a survival game moreso, using the Tomb Raider licensing.

It is an awesome game but cannot be compared to prior TR... Well, in some ways yes.. but this is a reboot of the series..

I went back after this and played TR Anniversary and TR Legend. Had a blast with those as well. Aged yes, but still very fun.
---
Playing These Games Currently: Lego Lord Of The Rings, StarCraft II, WWE 13 and Tomb Raider (Pure Awesomeness)
#8otakutwinPosted 5/28/2013 5:02:39 AM
Well it's a very good game but it's hard to say its the best. I think Underworld is the best. I mean how to do you one up Thor's hammer?
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#9killered3Posted 5/28/2013 6:32:49 AM
otakutwin posted...
Well it's a very good game but it's hard to say its the best. I think Underworld is the best. I mean how to do you one up Thor's hammer?

Right that Tomb Raider Underworld is the game where Crystal Dynamics did everything right? Levels were big, the puzzles were hard, the story tied Legend and Anniversary together, and the platforming was perfect. ------As for this Tomb Raider XIII, it was an awesome game and Crystal Dynamics tried really hard to make it more in the spirit of Tomb Raider than the Legend trilogy. They succeeded in the aspect of the overall adventure but they were too scared to go the extra mile so they decided to meet the fans halfway. We still have tombs and puzzles but they're optional and easy, the gunfights have greatly improved though so you'll have alot of fun. The game did however borrow a few Uncharted ideas in a disappointing way but it was nothing that kills the experience. Stay away from the terrible multiplayer and the lazy costumes buys and you'll love this game too. It's not the best Tomb Raider but it's an intriguing take on the series nonetheless.
#10Flipsider99Posted 5/28/2013 1:34:19 PM
It's a pretty big disappointment, I'd say it's very close with Legend for being one of the worst. The first few TR's are still the best ones ever made.