I just can't get into this game

#1Droid-ManPosted 5/19/2013 11:24:51 PM
I've never really played Tomb Raider before, but I've seen my brother and friends play it since the PS1 era. They all loved the games. So I picked up this one hearing about how great it is and I just can't seem to get into it.

I've only played the 1st hour but that felt like such a drag. It feels so linear to me. Is this how it is the whole game or does it pick up?
#2Mariofan15Posted 5/20/2013 1:41:49 PM
It picks up after the Coastal Forest. And lol linear. Hardly. There's plenty of things to find in each area.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#3brute_strengthPosted 5/21/2013 7:23:12 PM
Not sure if you can get into any game in just 1 hour...I'd say keep up and continue to see what the game is really like.
---
U.S.A.F.
#4davegramsPosted 5/22/2013 6:44:43 AM
And it may just not be for you.
Sure, many of us love it - either because of being Tomb Raider fans, or just maybe appreciating the game becasue it appeals to us... but to each his own.

Good luck trying to get into it. Like the others said.. maybe it will pick up for you along the way.
---
Playing These Games Currently: Lego Lord Of The Rings, StarCraft II, WWE 13 and Tomb Raider (Pure Awesomeness)
#5Flipsider99Posted 5/22/2013 10:32:22 AM
Droid-Man posted...
I've never really played Tomb Raider before, but I've seen my brother and friends play it since the PS1 era. They all loved the games. So I picked up this one hearing about how great it is and I just can't seem to get into it.

I've only played the 1st hour but that felt like such a drag. It feels so linear to me. Is this how it is the whole game or does it pick up?

That's pretty much how the whole game is. It is very linear, although there are some bigger areas to "explore," it's more like scavenging areas for achievements before moving on to the next linear setpiece. Also, the game gets more and more action heavy as it goes along, so if you love shooting dudes in the head, you might enjoy that.

This game is REALLY different from the early games in the series. It's not quite an Uncharted clone, but it's obviously drawn a lot of inspiration from that game and is much more like Uncharted now than the early Tomb Raiders. If you have only played this game, you haven't played a real Tomb Raider game IMO, so I hope that you don't judge the series by this game. I'd recommend going back and playing the original TR1 on PS1.