Is the main game linear, or is it an open world type game?

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 5/23/2013 4:51:26 PM
Was gonna pick this up, but I'm curious how the main game is.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#2BSOAHFFPosted 5/24/2013 12:23:01 AM
The story is linear, yes. However, you're given a lot of leeway and chances to explore, collect and diddle about outside the main story. There are no 'quests' or anything like that--the openness that you're given in the world is pretty much strictly for collecting, exploring and hunting.
---
Think of me when you do that.
#3ableriderPosted 5/24/2013 10:43:41 AM
there are "quests" but they are very simple like "burn 10 flags or collect 10 mushrooms or raid a secret tomb" and once you beat the story mode you can free roam on the areas, each area is like a hub and you can move from one to another with the fast travel option in the main game you can do that too but l heard about some glitches
#4AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 5/24/2013 10:45:15 AM
It's quite linear, but not as linear as past TR games.
---
Do you even row?
#5moniewitchPosted 5/25/2013 4:08:45 PM
Is this Tomb Raider have many puzzles like past TOmb Raider's?
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#6BSOAHFFPosted 5/25/2013 4:44:30 PM
Is this Tomb Raider have many puzzles like past TOmb Raider's?

There are Tombs scattered about, which are little puzzle rooms for you to solve. There are also a few puzzles here and there in the story progression, but there's certainly not as many nor as complicated as Tomb Raiders past.
---
Think of me when you do that.
#7ace68128Posted 5/25/2013 9:10:17 PM
perfect example of a game very similar in linearness (sp?) would be fable 2 or fable 3, hopefully youve played one lol
---
Gt- Naked Carr0t
#8FredCat07Posted 5/26/2013 8:55:22 AM
ablerider posted...
there are "quests" but they are very simple like "burn 10 flags or collect 10 mushrooms or raid a secret tomb" and once you beat the story mode you can free roam on the areas, each area is like a hub and you can move from one to another with the fast travel option in the main game you can do that too but l heard about some glitches

Also would pretty much limited the enemies once you completed it.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif