this game is fun but I can't enjoy it

#1rb10001Posted 5/26/2013 5:24:39 AM
yeah, makes no sense right? let me explain. this game has action around every corner and always manages to shock me in a good way. however, i can not play more then say 15-20 minutes.

It's not like it's boring me, it's just I do not know... I don't want to keep playing. I have this same problem with the tv series scrubs. i will flick channels and see it on and really like it but i won't look for it in the future. the only time i watch that show is when it comes on when flicking channels.

can someone explain why i feel this way? i really want to dig deep into this game.

thanks
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#2davegramsPosted 5/26/2013 6:46:12 AM
Maybe you are becoming a little bored of video games and they just don't hold your attention like they used to.
It happens.

Now that I'm 41 and have lots of other priorities in life, I also find it hard to concentrate on some games. I love video games and have since I was a kid... still buy the consoles, have my arcade emulator machine in the basement with all my favorites... but there comes a time where the attention span just is not there for some reason or another - even if you think the game is cool as hell.
---
Playing These Games Currently: Lego Lord Of The Rings, StarCraft II, WWE 13 and Tomb Raider (Pure Awesomeness)
#3James128Posted 5/26/2013 8:02:40 AM
You're like me. There's many reasons:

1. Like the guy above me say, other priorities in life.
2. Also like the guy above me said, you just got to admit it to yourself, you're getting bored of video games. Maybe not entirely, but your mind is starting to go somewhere else.
3. Because your mind is going somewhere else, you might feel restless and anxious, which distracts you from being absorbed into the game.
4. Tomb Raider isn't your kinda game?
5. To be honest with everyone, one of the biggest reason why games have gone down for me is because even though the graphics are better and the overall gameplay mechanics have gone up due to constant demand of the evolving gamers, I feel like most games lack meaningful cinematics and general plot and story. Like you see the story unfold, but it doesn't grip you. Nice graphics, but it feels a bit meaningless. And that meaninglessness makes you distant from the character you're trying to play in the game, which detaches you from its environment and prevents you from being absorbed into the game.
6. Unfulfilled real life situations which distract you. Depression can also deter you from doing stuff, even watching game. Do you find yourself anxious or depressed when sitting still for awhile?

My suggestion is, play when you really want to and stop when you want to. Just do what you want to do most. If you don't want to play anymore, just don't. Don't ever force yourself to play a game, that's just ridiculous. Just do what makes you happy. Maybe go out and get yourself some exercise and do something else.

You might just not be into the console games, like I am. I actually get addicted to more simpler games like Plants Vs Zombies or Starcraft or Diablo 2 type games (lets pretend Diablo 3 never existed......)
#4rb10001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 10:34:08 AM
Wow, some really good advice. Thanks guys. Come to think of it, I am the same way with the Uncharted series and Tomb Raider is very similar. I think Tomb Raider is the better game though.

I guess I will take a break from it for now. Again, thanks to both of you for taking the time you did.

I hope you are having fun with it.
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#5moniewitchPosted 5/27/2013 10:44:42 AM
I hope you enjoy getting back into your hobby. Videogames is a really fun hobby to have
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#6TigerStealthPosted 6/1/2013 5:44:17 PM
play dark souls. seriously i felt the same way as you about every game i've played over the past few years then i got dark souls and it brought me back to the good ole days of gaming but still has good graphics, incredible sound, and tons of ingenuity. not to mention crisp and challenging gameplay
#7BayouJoePosted 6/5/2013 10:47:31 AM
I can tell you that age is not a factor, I'm 60 and love this game....might even do a second playthrough. It's probably just a mental lapse for you, I went through something like that years ago, I stopped playing games and watching TV but eventually got over it. Give it time, you'll be fine.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#8DrNewcensteinPosted 6/6/2013 6:41:53 AM
44 here and have enjoyed this series since the first one. Enjoyed this game, though it was radically different in almost all aspects from the others.

However, I went into this one fully aware it was a reboot, and that I was not going to see Dolly Partoncroft ever again, nor her sexy thighs as she did that handstand when climbing up a ledge. I do miss the Swan Dive o' Death though. Was always one of my favorite things to do in the old games - get to the highest point and do the epic Swan Dive over dry land. Camera angle changes to show the graceful form, and then you land in a crumpled mess, with the sound of broken bones and the last grunt cut short on impact.

Then there was the panicked scream as she walked off a high ledge because the controller didn't read the "Jump" button.

This game feels more realistic to me, like what you'd really find in that environment. Yes, I miss the underground pyramid and coming out on the Sphinx's head overlooking the fertile valley far below. I miss the vertical pillar and the Damascus room and swimming with the alligators through vast underwater mazes. But those were built by massive cultures over decades. The tombs in this game were built by a small island tribe of maybe 2000 people at most, using whatever tools they could fashion on the island or carry from Japan on whatever boats they had.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#9MrDummyPosted 6/6/2013 8:02:43 AM
Tell me about it TC, I have this game, the new Metro Last Light, which is kick ass too...

But I cannot get into any games these days, maybe it is an immersion issue?

I just tried blood dragon demo and its awesome, but got bored of it.

My issue is I have all new games on my 360 to date but rarely finish them...only one I finished lately was MoH: Warfighter, which to me was really good.

MrD
---
Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter, Tomb Raider & DmC!
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = TRUE LOVE
#10MrDummyPosted 6/9/2013 8:57:57 AM
I had to stop this game temporarily to play Syndicate since I needed something different to spark my gaming interest back up.

MrD
---
Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter, Tomb Raider & DmC!
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = TRUE LOVE