A Simple theory that makes this game MUCH better

#1DegalonPosted 6/3/2013 2:54:40 PM
This is the daughter of the original Lara Croft.

Ignoring body type, this just feels nothing like Lara. The only similarities are "Brunette archaeologist."

I personally keep referring to her as Tiffany Croft: Shipwreck Survivor, and the name suits her more than Lara. Her, and the game at large, just has nothing to do with Lara Croft or the Tomb Raider game series.

Still love the game, but its much better if I keep referring to her as Tiffany, just so I stop trying to compare her to Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

I mean, heck, even DmC, where Dante's look got overhauled, he still FELT like Dante. (And he was still fighting demons and devils).
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 6/3/2013 4:20:46 PM
Degalon posted...
This is the daughter of the original Lara Croft.

it's even better when you think that it's Lara and my daughter.
---
Do you even row?
#3killered3Posted 6/3/2013 5:09:48 PM
She looks and acts too much like Lara to be her daughter. But she is unusually girly so I go with Universe B Lara.
#4FredCat07Posted 6/4/2013 6:04:44 AM
Nope - Lara Croft in this game is earlier version of previous Lara Croft in other games; it showed us how she became the "Tomb Raider" we knew.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language - deal with it!
"ESL" is standing for "English Sign Language", period.
#5killered3Posted 6/4/2013 7:16:27 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Nope - Lara Croft in this game is earlier version of previous Lara Croft in other games; it showed us how she became the "Tomb Raider" we knew.

Actually this is a reboot so no, this is not the same Lara.
#6DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 6/4/2013 8:20:08 AM
*reads OP*

*cries*
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#7Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 2:18:24 PM
FredCat07 posted...

Nope, this is a reboot, and this "lara" is a completely different person, from looks, to personality, to mannerisms. She's not going to "grow into" the Tomb Raider we all know. (not without extensive reconstructive surgery across her entire body and brainwashing to give her the old personality, at least).
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#8AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 6/4/2013 2:28:48 PM
In the old games, Lara was a murderous sociopath and a thief with incredibly poor archaeological practices. I think this game sets that up nicely >_>
---
Do you even row?
#9killered3Posted 6/4/2013 3:56:59 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
In the old games, Lara was a murderous sociopath and a thief with incredibly poor archaeological practices. I think this game sets that up nicely >_>

Just to be clear; Lara never enjoyed killing. She was a thief but she wasn't a sociopath about it and Lara was a great archeologist to begin with the old games prove it.
#10AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 6/4/2013 4:01:10 PM
killered3 posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...

Just to be clear; Lara never enjoyed killing. She was a thief but she wasn't a sociopath about it and Lara was a great archeologist to begin with the old games prove it.

She never talked things out. She wasn't very developed, but she just ran out and shot people. Whether she enjoyed it or not, she did do those things. I'm just saying the personality shift wouldn't be unbelievable from this game to how she is in the older ones.

And she IS a terrible archaeologist. She breaks -everything-. She has no respect for maintaining the sites. She doesn't catalogue anything.

And worst of all, she just puts EVERYTHING she steals in her BASEMENT.
---
Do you even row?