A Simple theory that makes this game MUCH better

#21DrNewcensteinPosted 6/6/2013 6:31:22 AM
Original Dolly Partoncroft was merely the fantasy vision of the devs, nothing more.

I see this one turning into the Angelina Joliecroft (though hopefully without the double mastectomy). Realistic, though still hot, body, doesn't have the superhuman athletic abilities, etc.

And "talk things out"? With hired thugs with orders to kill? Really? How immature.

You kill people sent to kill you, without arguing about it, without offering them more money to NOT kill you. That's just how it goes. Sorry to rain on your peace rally. No, actually, I'm not sorry.

Yes, she's a looter. So what? It's in the title - TOMB RAIDER. Not Tomb Explorer, Museum Supplier, or Archaeology Professor. Raid = Plunder = Loot. If these ancient civilizations were worth preserving, they would have persevered.

And how is that wrong? Museums charge money to view relics from the past. They're making money from it, why shouldn't the one who puts forth the effort to find these treasures be the one to make that money? She could loan/rent them out to various museums, and both make money. Better than some billionaire hoarding them in an airtight vault and being the only one to see them.

Besides, I think it's funny to run around stomping ancient pottery, destroying the last remnants of an ancient civilization, while you search frantically for bits of shiny metal you can neither eat nor use as a tool. To me it's an interesting commentary on the idea that when it all goes south, food will be more valuable than gold, and only an idiot would trade food for gold.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#22AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 6/6/2013 9:01:53 AM
wow, I think this calls for a "u mad?"

All I'm saying is that she's not a *good* person, and the trauma of this game could easily lead to the person in the older games. She's been through a lot, and she's a bit unhinged.
---
Do you even row?
#23DrNewcensteinPosted 6/7/2013 3:28:44 AM
Who says she's not a "good" person? Furthermore, who cares?

She's certainly not "evil" by any means. She's aware of the situation she's in, and the cultists have clearly declared themselves ready to kill (or worse) anyone, for entertainment purposes, so how are pre-emptive strikes against them a bad thing?

As for the entire series, she was never presented in any previous game as being "a good girl". She was always a "bad" girl, but certainly not a homocidal maniac that kills for thrills.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#24tragik00Posted 6/17/2013 6:59:28 PM
Laras daughter? Terrible way to think. And she's not evil or bad, its kill or be killed
---
psn:tragik1
xbl:tragik00
#25UltimateGeth39Posted 7/1/2013 8:43:09 AM
No way did donte feel anything like dante.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#26foodeater4Posted 7/3/2013 8:13:22 AM
Old Lara felt like a Hollywood action hero.

Even though new Lara survives some very spectactular situations, even more then old Lara, her actually character feels way more realistic. I actually felt bad for her a few times in the game.

Old Lara was just regular action hero cliché. Not to say I didn't love the games, but the new character is better. If they can get the new LAra in more some cool long tomb levels like old TR games, that would be great.
#27FredCat07Posted 7/3/2013 11:04:51 AM
Fine, you're just say that it was Mario's fault for making the universe reset in Super Mario Galaxy 1, which renew the whole Tomb Raider back to start? Yes, I agreed to that!
---
American Sign Language is my primary language - deal with it!
"ESL" is standing for "English Sign Language", period.
#28DvoloS88Posted 7/11/2013 4:39:38 PM
While I can see your point TC this is a young ass Lara on her very first adventure. Taking place before any of the previous games.
---
I troll the trolls...
#29zenandiPosted 7/12/2013 2:21:26 AM
You know, the more I think of it, the more I like this idea, weirdly enough.

Mainly because an eventual Mummy-Daughter team-up somewhere along the line is goin to be a ridiculously hot affair. Throw in Doppelganger, whom I miss very much, and Witchblade for the heck of it, and we have a winner.
#30Fastest_SpartanPosted 7/12/2013 1:53:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]