wow this game is epic ,felt bad for renting it

#1mewmew42Posted 10/15/2013 7:59:06 AM
this game is amazing.the story was pure epicness.felt bad that i rented it as the developers should be rewarded for their awesome work

why i didnt buy this day 1,simply because its not sandbox enough.

with titles like GTA V, skyrim and dark souls,i want more content, free roam, side missions.saying that this game is way better than garbage titles out there

black flag and watch dog is coming out soon.with next gen coming,hope lara can get a longer & bigger platform soon.
#2otakutwinPosted 10/30/2013 7:16:14 AM
So......., you liked it.
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#3foodeater4Posted 11/15/2013 9:34:56 AM
Sometimes less is better. This game was good solid adventure game, exiting from start to finish. Extending the games length might have made it boring in some parts or not as good overall.

I understand many of us want longer games cause they are fun and we want to enjoy the world created for us more, but sometimes less is more and you can always replay. If you got time to sink 50 hours into Skyrim, you have time replay Tomb Raider.
#4mewmew42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:07:07 AM
foodeater4 posted...
Sometimes less is better. This game was good solid adventure game, exiting from start to finish. Extending the games length might have made it boring in some parts or not as good overall.

I understand many of us want longer games cause they are fun and we want to enjoy the world created for us more, but sometimes less is more and you can always replay. If you got time to sink 50 hours into Skyrim, you have time replay Tomb Raider.

This is where the challenge lies with game developers.give us a choice.

We are moving to next gen ps4 & xb1, Lara deserves an open world and massive dungeons/caves for those that want them. Some radiant/ random events, infinite assassination/hunting/capture forts/save hostages.

Even a single player extension pack is more than welcomed especially since the game lacked post game content

Saying that I will repeat and say that this game was a masterpiece, a good story. Just like a good movie you don't mind watching it again

For casual players who are impatient, let them shotgun linear single player mode in less than 10 hours.

But game developers should provide extra content, side missions, collectibles, character progressions for
#5getterwingPosted 12/4/2013 6:37:39 AM
I also feel that the game is too short. It is a great game, but it would be better if the developers throw in more optional tombs which are bigger, or a few more boss battles.
#6TopdrunkeePosted 12/15/2013 8:37:15 PM(edited)
I feel bad for buying it used. What's hilarious to me is how this game is actually longer than Legend & Underworld. I guess gamers or today are so spoiled or have no lives that they expect every game to be over 60 hours long.

I'm satisfied with 5 - 15 hour playthrough of the TR series.

mewmew42 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

This is where the challenge lies with game developers.give us a choice.

We are moving to next gen ps4 & xb1, Lara deserves an open world and massive dungeons/caves for those that want them. Some radiant/ random events, infinite assassination/hunting/capture forts/save hostages.

You say that as if those feature automatically make a game better. I think GTA V & Skyrim are boring as hell because they're jam packed with "so much content" but barely any of it is fun.
I just think of the new Tomb Raider as a Metroid style game. Metroid style games are normally even shorter than TR, but one thing that I've always liked about Metroid-likes is how replayable they are. TR is also similar in that regard.

Honestly, I think a game like TR would fare better with extra challenge modes like in Devil may Cry, Ninja Gaiden or the VR style missions from Metal Gear Solid. Not every game has to be some boring larpy game like Ass Creed/Skyrim/GTA.
Sure they're the most popular but I sure as hell don't find them fun. I would've bought TR sooner if I had clearer idea as to what type of game it was.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic