Croft Manor

#1Lockheart34Posted 12/14/2011 5:41:46 PM(edited)
Anyone else want to see it return? I've been playing Anniversary again and I have to say, CD did a really good job with it. Full of secrets and hidden passages plus the huge gym was a pleasant surprise. The good thing about this Manor is I almost got lost, especially in the hedge maze.

Even though Lara is stuck on an island, I had a thought about how this could fit in. Croft Manor should be an unlockable at the end of the game, when Lara gets off the Island and returns home. The Manor contains all the notable secrets and hidden places, but on a much bigger scale. We could have special weapons and costumes to find throughout the Manor, to use in the main game.

Or even a long secret tunnel with traps, puzzles and platforming...with a nice surprise at the end, Lara's other 2 mansions!

Of course, make it hard to find everything. Very hard.

We've yet to see it this gen and while I understand the reason for not having it in Underworld, this game is a prequel so there's no reason not to include it. I'm even willing to pay for this as a DLC, providing it's good and worth the price.

TL:DR Just give us Croft Manor already.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#2JoveHackPosted 12/14/2011 8:02:43 PM
Lockheart34 posted...

I think you're onto something here. Adding Croft Manor would be the perfect bridge between the previous games and the new survival tone. Just as Croft Manor helped tie together TR:Legend and TR:Anniversary, which otherwise felt like very different games. Even the playable sections of the manor in TRU added another tie-in.

Giving us Croft Manor as a separate intro/tutorial, as in TRL and TRA would also be the perfect way to introduce us to whatever new moves/abilities Lara gains in the game.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved.
#3CTU_007Posted 12/15/2011 2:18:14 AM
Why are the fans here still in denial that this game is a reboot and not a prequel?
#4Lockheart34(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 3:39:42 AM
Why are the fans here still in denial that this game is a reboot and not a prequel?

LOL what? According to the fans, every game since Angel of Darkness has been a reboot.
---
#5Polaris1021Posted 12/16/2011 1:26:41 PM

Lockheart34 posted...
Anyone else want to see it return? I've been playing Anniversary again and I have to say, CD did a really good job with it. Full of secrets and hidden passages plus the huge gym was a pleasant surprise. The good thing about this Manor is I almost got lost, especially in the hedge maze.

Even though Lara is stuck on an island, I had a thought about how this could fit in. Croft Manor should be an unlockable at the end of the game, when Lara gets off the Island and returns home. The Manor contains all the notable secrets and hidden places, but on a much bigger scale. We could have special weapons and costumes to find throughout the Manor, to use in the main game.

Or even a long secret tunnel with traps, puzzles and platforming...with a nice surprise at the end, Lara's other 2 mansions!

Of course, make it hard to find everything. Very hard.

We've yet to see it this gen and while I understand the reason for not having it in Underworld, this game is a prequel so there's no reason not to include it. I'm even willing to pay for this as a DLC, providing it's good and worth the price.

---

That would be awesome! I loved exploring her mansion in anniversary also and the difficutly of it made it even better.

#6gamestop27Posted 12/16/2011 2:13:46 PM
I was just thinking about this a few days ago while playing Legend, Croft Manor is a nice break away from the shenanigans of the story and enemies.
---
Hurry Xmas!
#7CTU_007Posted 12/17/2011 12:25:31 AM
LOL what? According to the fans, every game since Angel of Darkness has been a reboot.

You know we're talking a story reboot right? I have never seen any fan deny AOD was part of the classic timeline. The only time its ever been brought into question in past games was Legend when Lara's backstory was completely rewritten and even then Crystal still denied it being a reboot.

As far as THIS game goes, it IS a reboot. Crystal have stated it several times. Karl Stewart who's been the face of marketing this reboot has stated it several times. The Game Informer article featured a new backstory for the character. One of the podcasts even implied her parents are still alive in this universe. Hell this interview with Crystal's creative director should be proof enough:

http://au.gamespot.com/tomb-raider-2011/videos/tomb-raider-interview-with-noah-hughes-6326235

The only people denying this game is a reboot is the small group of fans who post on this board. The same ones who were either introduced to the series by Legend, or gave up on the classic games and returned thanks to Legend.
#8NeverMore0Posted 12/17/2011 6:39:50 PM
There's no reason Croft Manor shouldn't be in this game. It's not like she bought it after she became a globe-trotting archeologist. The game could even start there, then maybe go back at the end. Definitely hoping to see it in this game.
#9xenosaga123Posted 1/1/2012 2:36:54 PM(edited)
Doesn't she practically already live in the Manor? Wasn't the Croft manor always been the family's home before this voyage Lara's in? Well the Croft family could be rich in this reboot and Lara could have inherited it and has like a caretaker or someone looking after the house while she's away.

So the mansion could be a tutorial mode.
#10JoveHackPosted 1/2/2012 2:09:03 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Doesn't she practically already live in the Manor? Wasn't the Croft manor always been the family's home before this voyage Lara's in? Well the Croft family could be rich in this reboot and Lara could have inherited it and has like a caretaker or someone looking after the house while she's away.

So the mansion could be a tutorial mode.

Just like the mansion was tutorial mode for the early games.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved.