So Lara = female Nathan drake?

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 6/1/2012 1:40:57 PM
Watched the trailers, this game seriously is uncharted just with skin lifts, I mean Lara hanging on a branch like drake hanging off the train escaping large objects like the plane object to drake running away from pursuers and a truck about to run him over.

Come on square enix, don't make it so obvious that your working on another uncharted game.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/1/2012 1:44:11 PM
They should have it at E3 with a taste of their open world they talked about. I don't think many want to play the scripted cave scene for a demo. That would definitely put comparisons to rest.
#3YoshioKSTPosted 6/1/2012 1:55:04 PM
Hi TC, would you mind making topics on your main account? Thanks.
---
Heroes don't need plans...just lots upon lots of HP
#4KneeSlappingtonPosted 6/1/2012 2:01:08 PM
ITT: Previous Tomb Raider games have never had environment obstacles coming after Lara or her having to hang from ledges, tree limbs, etc.

You can always tell these people screaming Uncharted have never played a Tomb Raider game.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#5Hewie3Posted 6/1/2012 5:46:18 PM
It kills me, really. Apparently every action scene in Uncharted was never done before. No game has ever been cinematic before. No character was funny and serious before Nathan Drake. No character talked to themselves before Drake.

I mean COME ON! Really now, what would make it not Uncharted? If Lara just sat in the corner and cried? Uncharted is great and all but now because Lara Croft is trying to be taken seriously, she is Drake with longer hair? You'll find similarities between anything if you want to.

Just like Resident Evil and Silent Hill used to be "copying" off one another. They are games of the same genre, no sh*t they're gonna have similarities. It's not like they play one game and write down scenes they'd like to use by altering them slightly.

Why can't people just enjoy the beautiful product they are getting?
#6parkourboybryanPosted 6/1/2012 7:06:41 PM
Uh no. Nathan Drake=Male Lara Croft. Get your facts straight.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#7Halo_Of_The_SunPosted 6/1/2012 7:50:16 PM
wrong.
nathan drake = a male Lara... sorry
---
2012! Scott free revisiting Aliens, Yanin in protector 2, Sakaguchi AND Mikami Taking it back!+ Final Showdown stone throw away!
Fantastic Year
#8Halo_Of_The_SunPosted 6/1/2012 8:15:03 PM(edited)
parkourboybryan posted...
Uh no. Nathan Drake=Male Lara Croft. Get your facts straight.

lol i guess that's why i should read all the posts... but yeahh..... ^ this.
---
2012! Scott free revisiting Aliens, Yanin in protector 2, Sakaguchi AND Mikami Taking it back!+ Final Showdown stone throw away!
Fantastic Year
#9darkrain108Posted 6/1/2012 10:36:05 PM
It kills me, really. Apparently every action scene in Uncharted was never done before. No game has ever been cinematic before. No character was funny and serious before Nathan Drake. No character talked to themselves before Drake.

I mean COME ON! Really now, what would make it not Uncharted? If Lara just sat in the corner and cried? Uncharted is great and all but now because Lara Croft is trying to be taken seriously, she is Drake with longer hair? You'll find similarities between anything if you want to.

Just like Resident Evil and Silent Hill used to be "copying" off one another. They are games of the same genre, no sh*t they're gonna have similarities. It's not like they play one game and write down scenes they'd like to use by altering them slightly.

Why can't people just enjoy the beautiful product they are getting?

I sort of agree here. It's gotten to the point where people have cast the original aside and replaced it with Uncharted. At the end of the day Dake is Dude Raider, not the other way around.

This very comparison is sort of what has me worried the most. Before it was easy to separate the two characters, Drake is more everyman and Lara is more of a fantasy. It should stay that way IMO, otherwise we're going to get Drake vs. Lara fanboy wars which do nothing for anyone.
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#10ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 12:39:05 AM
KneeSlappington posted...
ITT: Previous Tomb Raider games have never had environment obstacles coming after Lara or her having to hang from ledges, tree limbs, etc.

You can always tell these people screaming Uncharted have never played a Tomb Raider game.

What's funny is I played the ps2 version and it sucked like really majorly, it really sucked. Gun controls were awful, generic plot line, awful swimming controls and block like animations in character models. If you put down your fanboy glasses you'd see that tomb raider is ripping off uncharted way more than uncharted ever did from the tr series. There doesn't seem to be any original research and development to the game just "ooh, let's copy drake them switch his character model" The hanging on the branch which was the last part in the trailer was the last straw for me, it was essentially the writing on the wall for me. Quite sad, really this is the same kind of thing that gameloft does with ios games ripping off other companies users ultimately providing customers with inferior products. This game needs something major in the gameplay to separate it from uncharted cause they looking like twin brother and sister.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...