Why this game is an epic fail of a Tomb Raider game. Fan Discussion Thread.

#1PrinceOfHotPosted 3/10/2013 10:21:27 AM
-Laura is injured so frequently that her ability to "use continues" seems implausible.

-No torpedo boobs.

-Too violent

-What happened to combat flipping? Remember when you fight in Tomb Raider you do back flips, side flips and forward flips with auto aim for maximum damage and style!

-Climbing is too easy and their isn't enough punishment. Remember the original Tomb Raider? That game was amazing, you had to time your jumps perfectly and hit buttons at just the right time to grab ledges, climbing in and of itself was a hardcore puzzle with a death by vertigo nightmare awaiting you.

-Dual wielding. Tomb Raider was all about dual wielding your pistols while strutting around with your enormous cones (they were like symbols of each other, and Lara's girl power).

Any questions?
#2Plant42Posted 3/10/2013 10:24:04 AM
My question is if you even remotely understand the premise of this game.
#3Yuji KaidoPosted 3/10/2013 10:25:22 AM
-Dual wielding. Tomb Raider was all about dual wielding your pistols while strutting around with your enormous cones (they were like symbols of each other, and Lara's girl power).

XD
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
Yuji Kaido - Sniper of Butthurt Fanboys. Kill count: 43
#4SmallSatsumaPosted 3/10/2013 10:26:04 AM
One of your points can be addressed but it's a bit of a spoiler.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqs1bbyH41qh6r18o1_500.gif
#5oneupdawg2k4Posted 3/10/2013 10:26:25 AM
Yuji Kaido posted...

XD

I had a feeling you'd show up lol
---
PSN ID: LionHeartX83/ MH3: Epsilon
--Avid Starhawk fan and proud PS Vita owner--
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 3/10/2013 10:42:54 AM
oneupdawg2k4 posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...

XD

I had a feeling you'd show up lol

leave the board. you didn't buy the game , you have NO right to be here !

@ tc : fool , like everyone only renting it!
---
Your profile information is displayed to the public, and contains offensive or illegal material ! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#7oneupdawg2k4Posted 3/10/2013 10:50:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Robot_SoopaPosted 3/10/2013 10:53:10 AM
The only valid complaint would be the platforming.

Except it really isn't that valid.

3D Platforming used to be hard because you were fighting the controls and the game at the same time.

It's a serious problem nostalgic fanboys have with games in that they think OH MAN OLD GAMES USED TO BE SO BRUTAL EVERYTHING IS PISS EASY NOW. When in reality the old games had bulls*** artificial difficulty that didn't add to the game but took away from it because it was forced by bad game design.
#9Lebowski1Posted 3/10/2013 10:55:09 AM
I totally agree that this game is a betrayl of the franchise. It has basically sold out and become just like Every Other Damn Game (aka Advanced 3rd Person Corridor Shootout Simulator)
---
XCOM Ironman Impossible attempt currently in progress at my Youtube channel, check it out at www.youtube.com/Valchronification
#10Joey2coolPosted 3/10/2013 10:56:54 AM
Title should be: "Why this thread is an epic fail of the Tomb Raider boards."
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart and Abe for PSASBR!