Game crashes w/ tessellation enabled on Nvidia cards

#1Circumvent954Posted 3/4/2013 12:39:25 PM
On my gtx 690 this game only crashes with tessellation active. Without it I have no problems. I even installed the new 314.14 beta driver with Tomb Raider SLI profile embedded and still have the same problem. As far as I know there is no fix, just a workaround by disabling the feature. FYI
#2Amplifier316Posted 3/4/2013 12:49:03 PM
Disable SLI see if that fixes it.
---

#3djepic112Posted 3/4/2013 5:24:54 PM
I have a gtx 690 as well. You serious that tesselation doesn't work? Man, I am so mad.
#4lovelesskPosted 3/4/2013 5:29:27 PM
Circumvent954 posted...
On my gtx 690 this game only crashes with tessellation active. Without it I have no problems. I even installed the new 314.14 beta driver with Tomb Raider SLI profile embedded and still have the same problem. As far as I know there is no fix, just a workaround by disabling the feature. FYI

314.14 is the problem.

I've got a few 690s as well and those drivers are computer herpes. Kill them. Kill them with fire.

Roll back to 310.xx and you should see a lack of crashing again.

Crysis 3 became unplayable with 314 drivers.
---
Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]
#5Damien94Posted 3/4/2013 6:10:22 PM(edited)
Not true. I use an Nvidia card and I run the game with Tesselation just fine. Seems like drivers are indeed the issue.

---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#6dark trunksPosted 3/4/2013 5:56:26 PM
lovelessk posted...
Circumvent954 posted...

314.14 is the problem.

I've got a few 690s as well and those drivers are computer herpes. Kill them. Kill them with fire.

So with you saying that, I didn't upgrade to those drivers (they're the most recent Beta drivers, right?) because in the past, I have had nothing but trouble with Beta Drivers.

Should I be ok turning tessellation on, then?

I hadn't intended to even try SLI myself. I had my one 680 Classified running the game, but early on I had an FPS drop to about 53. It's not a big deal, mostly because in every game, having my other 680 Classified on caused major judder. But I gave it a try and surprisingly, it's running perfectly at 60fps (whether or not a graphical glitch I encountered is my cards of the game I don't know). But I wouldn't mind trying tessellation, but I don't want to if it will crash the game.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#7thanthenPosted 3/4/2013 6:15:28 PM(edited)
My 660tiOC crashes like a hoe. nvidia drivers sux.

yeah turning tess OFF fixes the crashed but screw that.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#8lovelesskPosted 3/4/2013 6:22:43 PM
dark trunks posted...
lovelessk posted...
Circumvent954 posted...

314.14 is the problem.

So with you saying that, I didn't upgrade to those drivers (they're the most recent Beta drivers, right?) because in the past, I have had nothing but trouble with Beta Drivers.

Should I be ok turning tessellation on, then?

I hadn't intended to even try SLI myself. I had my one 680 Classified running the game, but early on I had an FPS drop to about 53. It's not a big deal, mostly because in every game, having my other 680 Classified on caused major judder. But I gave it a try and surprisingly, it's running perfectly at 60fps (whether or not a graphical glitch I encountered is my cards of the game I don't know). But I wouldn't mind trying tessellation, but I don't want to if it will crash the game.

I'm saying uninstall the new drivers and restart. Download the 310.xx and do a fresh install. You shouldn't have the issue with tessellation --- or the direct X hardware disconnects that the rest of us have been having. NVDA will sort the drivers eventually, but the 690 just doesn't have the market saturation yet to really focus on fixes it deserves.
---
Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]
#9Pal 080Posted 3/4/2013 6:30:39 PM
Is the tessellation actually good in this though...? Because in nine out of ten games it's barely noticeable.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#10steker16Posted 3/4/2013 6:46:17 PM(edited)
i have a GTX 580 and tessellation doesn't cause any crashes for me.

the only crash i get is if i open the option menu from the launcher and set it to full screen it will give me a "failed to initialize direct3d" or something. i have to set it to windowed then set it to full screen from the in game menu
---
nomnomnom