Biotic charge not working when you have a perfectly valid target?

#1DuranOfForcenaPosted 4/3/2012 8:33:55 AM
Has this happened to anyone else? I'm doing an Insanity run as a Vanguard and most of my deaths have been because Biotic Charge wouldn't work when I clearly should be able to use it. It's very frustrating. I hope I'm not alone in this.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#2xvynxPosted 4/3/2012 8:38:19 AM
Most of the time its because there is cover in the way or you cant land where the enemy is, it also happens because theres ***** code involved, sometimes shooting a couple of bullets will make it work, try shooting.
#3DuranOfForcena(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 9:55:37 AM
Yeah I know about cover and places where you can't land. I'm talking about when the enemy is right in front of you and you can't use it. I usually resort to shooting anyway out of necessity, but I can't remember if I've ever tried using Charge again after just shooting a little. I'll try that.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#4XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 4/3/2012 10:00:19 AM
Biotic charge is just buggy.

I stopped playing it after I've had it glitch my character several times, like when I was playing my Asari Vanguard and I did a Biotic Charge after I died, and when I revived, everywhere I'd walk, my character would constantly hop until I began jumping so high that I flew off the map and out of the game. I watched from far above the map as my squadmates finished the rest of the match and I still continued getting shot at by Geth, never died though...

And yeah, I've gone waves 1-8 relying on Biotic Charge to keep me alive, and it succeeded all the way up until it randomly decided NOT to work, and got me killed several times in a row. I know exactly what you mean about facing a target down and mashing Triangle, and it simply DOESN'T want to work, it's frustrating, and completely random.

As much as I enjoy Vanguard, I gave up on it after encountering a vast number of weird glitches with Biotic Charge, it became too unreliable.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
MH3 Name: Crim 23U6QJ
#5Lastat27Posted 4/3/2012 10:09:50 AM
There's areas in Single player where you should be able to charge but it just doesn't let you. One of biggest culprits of this is on Rannoch while disabling the first set of AA guns. Enemies appear (including Geth Prime) but you can't Biotic Charge the area they spawn in (which kills you) even though this area is fully accessible by the player.

It happens 3-4 times in the game but thankfully the Vanguards ability to dominate single player "Insanity" more then makes up for it.
---
PSN: Galactimus | Interest: KOA: Reckoning, Mass Effect 3
The Purna Database: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942713-dead-island/60447293
#6wentouchPosted 4/3/2012 12:52:59 PM

Heh.

The flying up into the roof happened to me before, as well. I thought it was pretty hilarious... until the roof absorbed my character. I felt like Richard Pryor from Superman III.

#7xvynxPosted 4/3/2012 1:10:50 PM
seiken densetsu 3 ftw btw TC