How do I get the soundtrack?

#1ByraniconPosted 3/6/2012 6:29:41 PM
I picked up my collector's edition today and installed it but when i went to download the soundtrack this message appeared.

"You don't seem to be a registered owner of the Collector's Edition or Digital Deluxe version of Mass Effect 3. If you feel this to be in error, please try the following.

X360/PS3: Launch the game and log in to the Alliance Network using your Origin Account (EA). You will then need to redeem your Collector's Edition Online Pass to be registered as an owner of the Collector's Edition.

PC: Make sure the Origin Account (EA) you are using on the BioWare Social Network matches the account used in the Origin client.

For further assistance, please contact EA Customer Support - http://help.ea.com"

I'm connected to Origin, the collector's edition is installed, i'm online, what am I doing wrong?
#2huynh2erPosted 3/6/2012 9:24:50 PM(edited)
I am having that trouble too. I had to speak to an EA Origins respresentative, and it took 2 hours!

They finally told me, that I have to wait 24-48 hours and try again. If not, then to contact them again.
---
"And you feel good, you look good. F!@#, you are good!"
- Jackie Estacado (The Darkness II)
#3ThePlasmaStormPosted 3/6/2012 9:31:18 PM
Well you can download the soundtrack off certain websites and then when EA allows you to get it legit, you destroy the fake copies.
---
`._Out! Out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow_.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/totalratchetfan/newersiggy.png
#4antking61Posted 3/6/2012 9:42:44 PM
.......Soundtrack?

*looks at N7 edition*
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#5huynh2erPosted 3/6/2012 10:04:46 PM(edited)
ThePlasmaStorm posted...
Well you can download the soundtrack off certain websites and then when EA allows you to get it legit, you destroy the fake copies.

True... but I was just replying to TC. I didn't bother though, I can honestly wait on the soundtrack...

@ antking61

Yes, the soundtrack is part of the ONLINE PASS code. Once you register, you're supposed to be able to grab it off the Bioware social site... but again, if you are like me and TC, we have to wait 24-48 hours.

---
"And you feel good, you look good. F!@#, you are good!"
- Jackie Estacado (The Darkness II)
#6antking61Posted 3/6/2012 10:33:58 PM(edited)
I'm checking it right now. I'll tell you if it does.

Where exactly am I supposed to do this anyway?
---
#7zaingasmPosted 3/6/2012 10:45:08 PM
I'm having the same problems, TC. But I'm still on the chat process, and the person I'm talking to is a complete moron. Here is how the conversation is going atm...

You are now ready to chat with Ashok.
you:
Hi there.
Ashok:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Ashok how may I help you?
you:
I have a couple concerns regarding my origin account and Mass Effect 3.
Ashok:
Please explain your issue.
you:
First issue, I am bought the N7 Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3. I have entered the online pass with my Playstation account that I use with my origin account. However, I when go to download the soundtrack off the bioware website, the website says I do not have the Collector's Edition.
Ashok:
Where did you purchase the game from?
you:
Best Buy
Ashok:
Please contact to Best Buy.
you:
Why?
Ashok:
Please contact them ask the same issue.
Ashok:
If you have collector's edition then you can easily download the sound track.
you:
That makes no sense. Best Buy would have nothing to do with it. The soundtrack is a digital download linked to your Origin account. I have the collectors edition, entered the online pass. When I downloaded it, it said very clearly "Collector's Edition Online Pass".
Ashok:
Please put the online pass.
you:
The code for it?
Ashok:
What?
you:
Do you need the online pass code? Or are you telling me to use the code on my playstation?
Ashok:
Please use the online pass if you have.
you:
I have already used the online pass.

It's very frustrating.
---
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913
#8antking61Posted 3/6/2012 10:47:21 PM
Yeah...It's telling me I don't have the N7 edition. Hmm......

Have you guys signed into your accounts while playing ME3? Somebody on the Bioware forum suggested entering an online match then quitting.
---
#9sion041391Posted 3/6/2012 10:49:07 PM
Ya ea is really stupid.why didn't they just let be downloaded from the psn store.
#10antking61Posted 3/6/2012 10:59:13 PM(edited)
^ This is Bioware's game, yo! And it's not the 1st of their games to be plagued by issues.

It's also not the 1st time EA's been blamed for Bioware's errors.
---