Best bonus power for a Vanguard?

#1AnitaBongHitPosted 3/15/2012 5:00:31 PM
I'm a fan of Charge/Nova, but I still like to use shotguns on SP. What's the best bonus power for a Vanguard that only uses a shotgun (no pistol or anything)?
---
"Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle
PSN: BaconSlayerX; BBCS Mains: Taokaka, Hakumen, and Makoto
#2ThatOneGuyStevePosted 3/15/2012 5:09:05 PM
Fortification? You leave yourself open when you drop your shields with Nova. Fortification gives damage reduction.
---
If murder were legal, I'd play the genocide game.
Official Steve
#3AnitaBongHit(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 5:11:08 PM
Doesn't it slow the cooldown rate though? Or is the penalty negligible?
---
"Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle
PSN: BaconSlayerX; BBCS Mains: Taokaka, Hakumen, and Makoto
#4cornishpetePosted 3/15/2012 5:15:25 PM
warp ammo
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -
#5activematxPosted 3/15/2012 5:43:01 PM
Stasis + Charge = Biotic explosion
#6NoreniaPosted 3/15/2012 6:27:13 PM
I used Fortification for a while, though I don't think I understood it well enough to get its full benefit.

I switched to Slam, so I could Pull -> Slam = Biotic Explosion, with my weight capacity giving me a %190 charge time bonus.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Sonerradu/Tao.gif
#7WyrmcraftPosted 3/15/2012 11:04:45 PM
Slam would be damn good, but honestly if you're playing Vanguard you should have either Liara, Javik, or Kaiden with you at all times, rendering slam worth slightly less. It's damn fun power though.

I would suggest Shield Drain to be honest, with one of your slots taken up by a biotic and yourself having no countershielding mesaures it would be prudent. For the love of god though have incendiary ammo maxed if you're doing this.
---
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
In Dyrus We Trust
#8catvalentine82Posted 3/16/2012 1:09:13 AM
Nothing really necessary but I think Reave is the best. Can use it on mechs and banshees and stuff that you dont really want to stay too close to. Plus gives damage reduction. And its not as horribly noisy as it is in MP lol