Confirmed: Bioware changing the ending to Mass Effect 3

#1DeLorean83Posted 3/21/2012 9:48:33 AM
And shame on all the critics, whether constructive or destructive, who led them to this point. Who are you to demand an ending to be changed? What sense of ownership do you think you have over this? I am perfectly satisfied with the ending, did anyone ask me if I wanted the ending changed? No, because as a grown man, I take things for what they are. I recognize that a team of individuals brought me one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had, not once, but three times over several years. And people are going to sit there and moan and groan about a 10 minute cutscene that didn't satisfy them enough. How about the 90 plus hour journey you just took throughout the three games? Did you not enjoy that? Were you not entertained??

My respect goes out to you Bioware. Kings among this industry and as much as I don't agree with the decision you took in changing your vision, I do respect it. And that's what people don't understand, yes you paid $60 for this, but this is not your vision, you do not own its artistic and creative direction. And yet when Mr. Lucas changes things the whole world explodes in agony.

link: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html
#2El_Kais0nPosted 3/21/2012 9:51:24 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Self-righteous teen makes post on GFAQS!

It is the correct course of action. The fans deserve better than what they got.
---
Minotaur stole my trident...
#3MercuryPSPPosted 3/21/2012 9:57:23 AM
Ummmm....yea I just read that article, and all it is saying is that new content (DLC) will add to closure. Seriously, who DIDN"T think they would add DLC to the game? Come on now...jesus people.

Now all these impatient "gamers" can shut the hell up and stop trolling...maybe.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
#4MEFreak1984Posted 3/21/2012 10:16:28 AM
MercuryPSP posted...
Ummmm....yea I just read that article, and all it is saying is that new content (DLC) will add to closure. Seriously, who DIDN"T think they would add DLC to the game? Come on now...jesus people.

Now all these impatient "gamers" can shut the hell up and stop trolling...maybe.

Silly Mercury. The same trollers will complain about cost, or others will complain about why they didn't do this sooner. Trollers gonna Troll
#5AlethirPosted 3/21/2012 10:17:45 AM
I'm all for more content to my favourite game series and I also understood and liked the ending to be fair. I hope they don't down right change it and just add more to it for the people who had a hard time coping with it. I think they're treading a risky road because unless they get it perfect, people will still whine and have tantrums because it didn't end how they wanted or they still can't understand it.

I find it hilarious that apparently Mass Effect has been "dumbed down" since the first one, yet there's such outrage because people don't understand what Bioware was doing with the ending.
#6VenomscarnagePosted 3/21/2012 10:18:32 AM
DeLorean83 posted...
And shame on all the critics, whether constructive or destructive, who led them to this point. Who are you to demand an ending to be changed? What sense of ownership do you think you have over this? I am perfectly satisfied with the ending, did anyone ask me if I wanted the ending changed? No, because as a grown man, I take things for what they are. I recognize that a team of individuals brought me one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had, not once, but three times over several years. And people are going to sit there and moan and groan about a 10 minute cutscene that didn't satisfy them enough. How about the 90 plus hour journey you just took throughout the three games? Did you not enjoy that? Were you not entertained??

My respect goes out to you Bioware. Kings among this industry and as much as I don't agree with the decision you took in changing your vision, I do respect it. And that's what people don't understand, yes you paid $60 for this, but this is not your vision, you do not own its artistic and creative direction. And yet when Mr. Lucas changes things the whole world explodes in agony.

Who am I to demand an ending to be changed? I'm a customer that's who.
---
Host of the GameFAQs Podcast http://gamefaqspodcast.posterous.com/
New episodes every Monday on iTunes!
#7final_chancePosted 3/21/2012 10:23:52 AM
TC, that's exactly my problem. After the "90ish hour journey across three games", games that have always emphasized player choice shaping events, I expected more from the ending. I expected something where my choices actually influenced the ending (as was promised by Bioware) and something longer than 5 minutes.

The ending doesn't do the series justice. These games are phenomenal, and yet they will be remembered for this sham of an ending.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#8TriangleHardPosted 3/21/2012 10:27:08 AM
If this change to the ending is not free, I'll assume that this was already planned and EA just ripped off gamers by taking out the ending to sell later.
#9MercuryPSPPosted 3/21/2012 10:28:12 AM
final_chance posted...
TC, that's exactly my problem. After the "90ish hour journey across three games", games that have always emphasized player choice shaping events, I expected more from the ending. I expected something where my choices actually influenced the ending (as was promised by Bioware) and something longer than 5 minutes.

The ending doesn't do the series justice. These games are phenomenal, and yet they will be remembered for this sham of an ending.

NEWSFLASH. Not everyone hates the ending. Me and my friends thought it was actually GOOD. The MAJORITY of people are too busy playing the game to cry about the ending. Only whining brats troll these forums/facebook about changing the ending. They should be ashamed of themselves.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
#10RafedxPosted 3/21/2012 10:36:02 AM
DeLorean83 posted...

Honestly I don't think people are mad about the endings themselves, its the lack of closure and the massive plot holes strewn throughout the endings, at least that's why I am a bit ticked, not some much the endings themselves but the plot holes and lack of closure.

You do make some valid points though, a creator should NEVER change their vision based on fans, all you will get is a pile of crap as most fans who cry the loudest cannot write a story to save their life, yet they want it changed. Not to mention they will never fully understand the universe,characters, etc the way the actual creators did. Even than they had too many hands in the story writing rather than trying to keep 1 team devoted to all 3 games, chances are this stuff never would of happened.

I am on board with them giving us DLC to add closure, learning about what happens after the endings and such, I would be pretty disappointed if they release DLC to actually CHANGE all the endings. As far as paying for it though, $5 and I am on board, anything higher than that is asking fans too much when they already had their hopes broken, charging us too much would just create more fire for them to deal with.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday