The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Paragon Vs Renegade (multiple playthroughs)

#1ckslapshot22Posted 3/22/2012 7:04:11 PM

Forgive me for being a noob, as I haven't played the first two installments (I know..) but after going through the game twice already, I still have a little bit of Renegade in that bar on the left of the screen. Is there any way I can get that to go down/disappear or would I have to start a totally new game and choose every Paragon option to be 100% "good"? Thanks guys.

#2Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/22/2012 7:06:29 PM
There's no way to make it zero. You'd have to start over if you don't want any renegade points.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens, lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#3ckslapshot22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2012 7:07:53 PM

To be more specific, I want to have 100% paragon to have the special choices at the end of the game (at least this is what I've heard you have to do). Just curious if I can achieve this or not. Any positive input is welcomed.

#4ckslapshot22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2012 7:08:39 PM

Oh man that sucks, I've dumped a lot of hours into this game. Wish I knew before, thanks man!

#5Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/22/2012 7:10:14 PM
You can have points for both paragon and renegade to get the paragon/renegade choices in the end. I had almost a full bar of paragon and some renegade and got it. I dunno if it works if it's about 50/50 though.
---
#6WiseElderPosted 3/22/2012 7:12:24 PM
you don't need to redo the game. If your paragon bar is a lot bigger than your renegade like it sounds you should be able to get the options. I did mostly paragon options but I did probably 30 percent renegade and I could do all of the paragon AND all of the renegade options the entire game.
---
Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
#7ckslapshot22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2012 7:17:54 PM

I maybe made about 5 renegade choices throughout the whole game. Both the renegade and paragon options at the end when talking to the illusive man were blacked out and i couldn't choose either. What did I do wrong? Do these options really have a significant outcome on the ending too?

#8climhazzard99Posted 3/22/2012 7:19:36 PM
ckslapshot22 posted...
I maybe made about 5 renegade choices throughout the whole game. Both the renegade and paragon options at the end when talking to the illusive man were blacked out and i couldn't choose either. What did I do wrong? Do these options really have a significant outcome on the ending too?

i believe with TIM, you need to go 1 option the entire way. (includes previous chats with him as well) At least thats what i did when i was playing 3. I chose paragon every single time and in the end i got it :D
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#9Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/22/2012 7:21:07 PM

ckslapshot22 posted...

i believe with TIM, you need to go 1 option the entire way. (includes previous chats with him as well) At least thats what i did when i was playing 3. I chose paragon every single time and in the end i got it :D

You don't. I chose paragon with him the first time you speak to him at the start. Then on Thessia I went renegade.
---