The Freezing is annoying me to no end!

#1beebarbPosted 4/1/2012 4:57:11 AM
My copy of Mass Effect 3 seems to be freezing at the worst possible moments, way too often. I am getting sick and tired of this process happening:

ME3 Freezes
Eject-Reinsert Disc
System Quick Reboots (with error triple-beep)
System Assumes Filesystem Damage
Have to wait for uneccesary process to finish
System Reboots

What on earth were the BioWare/EA bug testers doing? Sleeping?

This is the first game that has ever done this. Disabling Internet access seems to minimise the chances of it happening, but does not completely negate the problem.

An immediate patch must be developed and released. On the part of Sony however, they need to add crash/freeze management to the PS3 System Software so that these hard restarts and erroneous filesystem checks do not occur.

If a game freezes I want the System Software to pop up an alert 3 minutes later asking me if I wish to Wait Another few Minutes or Force Quit the frozen game.

In the mean time, does anyone have a workaround to negate the freezing?
---
What the?! Who's There?!
#2TeepoPosted 4/1/2012 5:45:24 AM
This has happened in the previous ME2 game as well as a few other titles, not surprisingly BioWare games. Dragon Age, and Dragon 2.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#3EedrahPosted 4/1/2012 5:48:03 AM
I'd say it's more likely to be your console that has the issues, not the game disc, if you tried another disc you'd most likely experience the same issue. I myself only ever experienced freezing 2 or 3 times.

And when the message comes up for the system scan for corrupted files thingy, you can simply press O to decline and skip it...
#4Impaired MedicPosted 4/1/2012 7:05:54 AM
It's not his console, Bioware is almost as terrible at porting games to the PS3 as Bethesda is.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#5Impaired MedicPosted 4/1/2012 7:07:36 AM

If a game freezes I want the System Software to pop up an alert 3 minutes later asking me if I wish to Wait Another few Minutes or Force Quit the frozen game.

. . .Why? Waiting isn't going to help at all.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#6elixir8Posted 4/1/2012 4:14:38 PM
Don't allow the 'Upload gameplay feedback to Bioware' option. It seems to cause severe lag and freezing, as if you were recording a Fraps video on a bad computer. If that doesn't help, then try deleting the DLC/Patches file, re-download 'From Ashes' and re-install (Account Management / Transaction Management / Download List), then launch and patch.
---
PSN ID: ElixirboyIfrit
http://www.kennethduffy.net
#7AtzenkillerPosted 4/1/2012 4:46:18 PM
same thing happened to me quite a few times and my console never had any problems with other games before. but im wondering why you eject and reinsert the disc after it freezes. or does your console do that automatically? cause mine doesnt
#8beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 5:09:30 PM
I eject and reinsert the disc because once the game is frozen, the system doesn't respond. Ejecting and reinserting the disc is the most effective method of forcing the offending game to quit.
---
What the?! Who's There?!
#9code_kirinPosted 4/1/2012 8:55:44 PM
You can back out of the file system checks by hitting circle. As you said, they're totally unnecessary.

The freezing is indeed horrible. When I hit an extraction wave, I'm honestly more terrified of my ps3 freezing than any number of banshees the game wants to throw at me.
#10turtle225Posted 4/1/2012 9:01:21 PM
^ THIS!!!!!

incredibly infuriating getting all the way to the extraction wave wasting 20-30 minutes of your life just for it to freeze... the harder the difficulty, the more of a slap to the face it is.

if the game is going to freeze, can't it just be sympathetic and freeze on wave 1 instead?
---
,=,e