Why is Mass Effect 3 so cheap at the moment?

#1Yatesey_ukPosted 4/15/2012 4:32:28 AM
Its only around 25 (39.63 US$) here in the UK! Anyone know why? I know the extended cut is on the horizon but what will it actually have that the standard edition doesn't?
---
PSN: Yateseyukl
[]UK[] Clan Leader
#2climhazzard99Posted 4/15/2012 4:38:50 AM
well the fact that the ending was underwhelming and made it to major news agency, Bioware being accused of falsely advertising by BBB (did i get the initial right? i'm not sure)
the game's rep is kinda shot or severely dented. maybe certain game stores just want to unload the stock before it gets more bad rep?
---
PSN = Benyeh2000
skyo1234 "She personifies this board. A manly man impersonating a little girl. "
#3Lord_KayPosted 4/15/2012 5:05:43 AM
Yes you got it right it BBB,in Canada wal mart got at 29.83$ and can price match at some store for 10% of that. I think it due to the bad rep and high quantity of game they have in stock....but i'm not to sad i got this game at a great price .
#4AtzenkillerPosted 4/15/2012 5:09:45 AM
isnt that normal for the uk? i always order from there cause the games are much cheaper. especially a few weeks after release
#5RuneweaverPosted 4/15/2012 6:43:24 AM
It just isnt selling in the uk at the moment,price cut in half and its 16 in the top twenty in most stores,Skyrim is outselling it and that is still at full price.
#6ElfergosPosted 4/15/2012 6:44:37 AM
Atzenkiller posted...
isnt that normal for the uk? i always order from there cause the games are much cheaper. especially a few weeks after release

Not this soon after release for a game as big as mass effect.

Perhaps it is in response to the proposed improvements to the ending, they need to maintain sales but for people that haven't bought it yet the idea might be to wait until summer.
#7TeepoPosted 4/15/2012 7:03:48 AM
Well the game isn't horribly long and it's been out more than what 3 months now? price was bound to drop, though if enough people have traded the game back in that could also drive down prices as the surplus of new vs used copies flood the market.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#8ploftkaploftPosted 4/15/2012 7:12:10 AM(edited)
Both versions are that cheap?

Could be because BioWare shipped 4M copies (all systems) and only sold half of it. Retailers have to lower prices to get them moving.

Is there a digital version of the game on the european PS Store? Could also be that digital sales were higher than they expected. I was thinking of getting a disc copy at first, but when they announced the downloadable version I went with it (because my ME2 is digital).
#9DarkYakumoPosted 4/15/2012 8:24:18 AM

Well the game isn't horribly long and it's been out more than what 3 months now? price was bound to drop, though if enough people have traded the game back in that could also drive down prices as the surplus of new vs used copies flood the market.

It's only been over a month...
---
"why is this a topic?... -1 for humanity" - Ninja_Toast
PSN: Soukyuu-kun Jap PSN: DarkYakumo
#10TeepoPosted 4/15/2012 10:54:29 AM
DarkYakumo posted...
It's only been over a month...

Wow, you are correct it's only been a month, maybe this thing about backlash from disgruntled fans did cause retailers to get scared.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.