Why do people ban Lv20 adepts in lobbies?

#1SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/28/2012 12:45:27 PM
My wife is N7 lv90, with a Lv20 adept wielding only a Predator. She's been kicked from about 5 consecutive Gold games in the lobby today. o_O Even in games with lower level Vanguards/Soldiers. I highly doubt that many games in a row are clearing room for friends, so.. Why? XD Are they afraid of having a low score compared to the Adept? Are they really n00b enough to assume weapons matter on an Adept, as long as the cooldown is high? Or worse, do they think Asari Adepts are bad classes? O_O

Just wondering if someone here bans Adepts so I can see the other side.
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#2TheBansheePosted 4/28/2012 12:48:30 PM
What type of enemy? AA's are garbage against Geth, and nothing special against Reapers... The Justicar is where it's at against Reapers :P
---
PSN ~ ThatOddGuy
#3plasticman13Posted 4/28/2012 12:56:38 PM

What type of enemy? AA's are garbage against Geth, and nothing special against Reapers... The Justicar is where it's at against Reapers :P

AA "not special" against the Reapers? You've gotta be kidding me.
---
To the trolls in this topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBAD_SuIUk
#4rhpsFNFPosted 4/28/2012 1:21:40 PM
Personally I find all the adepts useful against the reapers.
---
Give yourself over, to absolute pleasure.
#5TheBansheePosted 4/28/2012 1:46:35 PM
Yea, the Asari Adept is fine against the Reapers. So is a human sentinel...

I guess I've been spoiled by the Justicar?
---
PSN ~ ThatOddGuy
#603251Posted 4/28/2012 2:13:53 PM
MFW my Justicar and random Asari adept raped against geth. Guess we were doing it wrong :(
#7Sephivengeance9Posted 4/28/2012 2:23:19 PM
I'm gonna guess it's more the mindset of "not having a good enough weapon equipped."

I've been kicked from games as my Turian Sentinel and Batarian Soldier because I've only got an Avenger X equipped.
---
Phoenix is weak! >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UVHfJvJDo
#8DNewcasltePosted 4/28/2012 2:31:07 PM
The adept (especially Asari) worthless against geth argument is simply untrue. I have mine set up for maximum biotic explosions and she destroys geth on gold runs. I think it comes from people who do not know how to use characters effectively. Constant biotic explosions far more effective than Sabotage or Overload.
#9boblebobPosted 4/28/2012 2:53:02 PM
there are not enough adepts on this game :(
adepts are so much better when there are a team of them detonating each others attacks
---
up yours
psn=elquango
#10Sinizta03Posted 4/28/2012 3:01:08 PM
lol@AA not being effective against Geth...pure nonsense