Those who didn't like original ending, I have a question for you

#1privateeye54Posted 5/2/2012 12:05:59 PM
Before your rants let me just say that I too didn't like the old ending. I could accept only so much before I said, "what about this and that?" but for everyone out there...has it ever occured to use your IMAGiNATION?

what happened with this character? Happy ever after
the Normandy and the lost crew? ship fixed within a decade
Earth? battle scarred but alive
the alien races on earth? ships fixed and they were sent home but, without relays it takes a few years to get home

love intrest? you decide
but the reapers?! I controlled them all to eat black hole (that way I save geth and EDI)

c'mon people, do you really need someone to tell you how it ends?
#2Inmate 4251Posted 5/2/2012 12:18:15 PM
For a series that spent so much effort explaining everything about the races/planets/history, and giving somewhat believable explanations for how the technology works without resorting to pure techno babble... Yes, I expect to see how it ends.

That was the main thing that bothered me, is that the ending seemed so bare-bones and left to the imagination when the rest of the series up until that point wasn't, it was a bit jarring. I would have no problem leaving it up to my imagination to come up with the rest if the series up until that point had been more open to interpretation, but it wasn't.

My hopes is that the extended endings give enough closure to make it feel complete, but I can't judge until we actually see it.
---
There's no I in TEAM but there's a ME, and there's no I in TEAMWORK but there's an EWOK. Zorak
#3final_chancePosted 5/2/2012 12:29:03 PM
Series with such a huge emphasis on characters/plot shouldn't leave SO much to the viewers imagination.

SPOILERS

I can assume that the Krogan became contributing members of galactic society, thanks to Wrex and Eve surviving. But then Wrex is also stuck in the Sol system. Someone else could seized control while he is away. And who knows if Wrex can even make it back. Sure he has a very long lifespan, but he needs a ship, fuel, and food to make the journey back. Don't see it happening...so who the hell knows what becomes of the Krogan.

The Quarian civilians are still on Rannoch, and the Geth as well. I can assume all goes well with them, but maybe it doesn't and they fall into war again. The Quarian military will be gone, stuck in Sol, so the civilians will be helpless. Guess the Quarians are going extinct if this happens. This doesn't even

As far as everyone being stranded in Sol...the turians and quarians can't even eat any of the food there. Even if they could, Earth definitely doesn't have the resources to sustain all of them. So every alien in the Sol system is doomed to starvation. Unless you chose synthesis maybe? Would the organic/synthetic hybrids need to eat?

I can think of bunch of other questions....too much left to the viewers imagination IMO.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#4final_chancePosted 5/2/2012 12:31:49 PM
Oh wait....without the Mass Relays, there is no galactic society. So I guess the Krogan are stuck on Tuchanka, a (mostly) infertile world, with the genophage cure. They will be popping the babies out left and right. It will likely become overpopulated, and they will degenerate into civil war again, fighting for whatever resources are left.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#5DestinPosted 5/2/2012 12:39:00 PM
my imagination makes everything worse. the more you know about space and Mass Effect lore, the worse it gets.

it doesn't take years, it takes decades if not centuries and that's provided those ships have enough eezo to power the engines for that long.

the fuel stations themselves will be depleted without an effective way to resupply them. it would take thousands of years for anyone to get back to the Perseus Veil.
---
Destin the Valiant
#6fennell92Posted 5/2/2012 1:46:32 PM
Use my imagination? If I was going to use my imagination, then why even bother playing the game? I might as well just imagine my own reaper invasion and my own genophage cure and my own geth/quarian peace etc. I didn't want the game to be so unsatisfying that my imagination is more gratifying.
#7VENEM69Posted 5/2/2012 3:10:43 PM
It's an artist's job to use THEIR imagination, not leave it up to " SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE!"
---
PSN: Dae-Gil
"Badge 1247." "How may I help, Detective?"
#8Drkr_ZenPosted 5/2/2012 3:17:32 PM
Imagination is one thing... but to throw a character/plot device into the last minutes of an overall plot, to contradict your own lore more than a few times, to go back on your word as a developer, to just throw a bunch of nonsensical random stuff at you... that's a totally different thing.
---
Playing: LBP2, GEB, MHP3rd, WKC2, MGS HD, Jak HD, ME3
"See You Space Cowboy."
#9m0derationPosted 5/2/2012 3:42:55 PM
what happened with this character? Happy ever after
the Normandy and the lost crew? ship fixed within a decade
Earth? battle scarred but alive
the alien races on earth? ships fixed and they were sent home but, without relays it takes a few years to get home

This has to be the dumbest conclusion to the ending.

Ships fixed and sent home and takes years? How do you know if it doesn't take decades to fly back? How much food/fuel is it going to take?

Try again. The ending is bad.
#10DestinPosted 5/2/2012 4:54:06 PM
forgot to say this, my imagination put the Normandy on the same planet as Jacob's loyalty mission.
---
Destin the Valiant