How feasible is it to play solo on Multiplayer maps?

#1Boct1584Posted 5/4/2012 10:13:14 PM
Just curious because my stepdad (who owns the PS3) does not want me playing online for various reasons I don't feel like going into.

I imagine it's largely down to "certain classes can do it, certain classes can't."
---
Don't get rid of your childish things...save them to give to your children.
#2ChocoboDreamsPosted 5/4/2012 10:18:03 PM
Any class can do it on Bronze and Silver, only certain classes can do it on Gold (I can't imagine a Quarian Engineer soloing Gold). That said, you have to be really good at the game to solo anything, multiplayer is a lot different than single player. Enemies are much more aggressive and continually advance on your position, meaning if you're not careful you'll have an entire swarm of enemies right on top of you and you'll immediately die.
---
July 18, 2011. Megaman Legends 3 has been cancelled. Today, I mourn. Here remains a reminder of what could have been.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#3Jeric735Posted 5/4/2012 10:22:59 PM
The easiest way to solo in Multiplayer is choosing either an Infiltrator or an Engineer. This is because of the objective waves that make you activate a device while unable to defend yourself. An Engineer can create a distraction while an Infiltrator can disappear.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#4GameNerd64Posted 5/4/2012 11:23:21 PM(edited)
The above posters are correct in that class choice is crucial. I would also say that it's very difficult to solo when you first start. I can easily solo Bronze now, but I've had 2 months of playing, leveling, and gun collecting. I failed horribly when I tried to solo when I started, and I can't tell if I just got that much more skilled or if it's because of better equipment.

The challenge is due to the game not scaling. Enemy numbers and ferocity are identical no matter the player count. Also, even when it's possible, it gets very tedious.

EDIT: also, if your stepdad's rules mean you don't sign onto PSN at all, you still can't play multiplayer. There is no "offline" mode, you have to make a private match like normal and not invite anybody to play solo.

---
http://i.imgur.com/YHKn4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5LnXP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vPgj0.jpg
PC gamers are the reason there aren't more PC gamers. -- DANTHEMAN29
#5Boct1584(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 5:15:40 AM
No, he has no issue with me using PSN. He just doesn't want me playing with other people.
---
"Never say never. Or too much. Or schumoblagaghadazjy, because that's hard to pronounce and doesn't mean anything."
--Son of TMOG
#6wingheaven7Posted 5/5/2012 6:23:59 AM
Engineer, or infiltrator to solo anything for me. I tried to solo as an adapt, got to level 6 on bronze.

For me, soloing is about control, and eng and inf give you that.

Control where enemies spawn, control there movement on the map, they will make a b-line for you most of the time.

Stay on the maps fringes. If you are in the center of the map you will die.

Dont be afraid to use survival kits

Maps with little room equal death.

Always have a back door option for when you position gets swarmed.

And remember no matter how good you are, or how great the gear you have is, a husk can kill you, if by distraction alone.

Stick to long range and you should be fine on bronze and silver.
---
PSN: wingheaven7
#7the_ENEMY_Posted 5/5/2012 7:44:17 AM
how old are you? how long has he been your step dad? why would it matter if you didn't have a mic on?
---
PSN: the_ENEMY_
#8HueyFremanPosted 5/6/2012 6:59:08 AM
the_ENEMY_ posted...
how old are you? how long has he been your step dad? why would it matter if you didn't have a mic on?

Likely because of the racist/sexist/idiot things some people can say on mic'd online multiplayer. It would hinder the experience but mute would do the job if that's the concern.
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3 (PS3), UMvC3 (Vita)
PSN & Youtube account: TheHueyFreeman
#9ingomullerPosted 5/6/2012 7:02:59 AM
the best class to solo multiplayer is lying to your stepdad, playing on mute and telling that the other players are bots.