Revenant 8 or Typhoon?

#1ingomullerPosted 8/25/2012 2:44:11 PM
Guys, I've been away for a couple of months, but returnet after the earth pack. So far, I have unlocked a Paladin Sentinel and a Destroyer soldier, both are cool.

I'm playing mostly with the destroyer, since I promoted my sentinel class due this week's objective.

I was using a Revenant 8, but just unlocked Typhoon 1. Both guns have similar stats, but since most of your are experienced players, which one should I use?

My favorite mods for rifles are Extended Barrel and armor piercing.
#2Thanatos13xPosted 8/25/2012 3:18:04 PM
Typhoon, stick to cover when firing and it'll diminish recoil, plus the bullets fire sraighter. Revenant is a good rifle but it's spread and recoil make it uncomfortable at long distances. Unless of course, that's your inclination, I'd still advise using a damphner
---
Those who say they aren't afraid of death are liars
The Official God of Death of ALL unclaimed boards
#3wingheaven7Posted 8/25/2012 7:35:21 PM
Typhoon. It does 1.50 times damage to all enemy health types and has just enough built in armor penetration to shoot guardians through there shields. It also gets a damage bonus when the rate of fire reaches its max, I think it's 50% increase per bullet.

Check out the bioware me3 multiplayer forums. There are a butt ton of topics that talk about the "hidden" stats for all things.
---
PSN: wingheaven7
#4ingomuller(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 10:14:43 PM
Thank you guys, tried the Typhoon and, well, that thing is a beast in a destroyer's hand.

The funniest is that, after my first run with it, I bought a PSP and got another typhoon. Now I have Typhoon II.

When it rains, it pours, I guess.
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 8/25/2012 11:06:52 PM(edited)
wingheaven7 posted...
Typhoon. It does 1.50 times damage to all enemy health types and has just enough built in armor penetration to shoot guardians through there shields. It also gets a damage bonus when the rate of fire reaches its max, I think it's 50% increase per bullet.

Check out the bioware me3 multiplayer forums. There are a butt ton of topics that talk about the "hidden" stats for all things.

we also have this topic: (itself a repost from BSN)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63660286
though it still doesn't include the damage increase as the weapons ramp up.

I like using the Stability Damper/Precision Scope/Extended Barrel/Magazine Upgrade mods on the Typhoon. All of them make the gun even more intimidating.
---
I was hating hipsters before it was cool.
PSN:orange_apples787
#6DuneManPosted 8/26/2012 12:42:56 AM
After the damage nerf on the Typhoon, a high level Revenant and base level Typhoon aren't that different. A high level Revenant gives you a much deeper ammo reserve compared to the Typhoon. On the flipside though, the innate 0.25 meter armor piercing on the Typhoon means you can slap a Scope on the Typhoon to improve its accuracy both hip-fire and zoomed in.

I'll swap between the two based on the stage: Typhoon for larger stages with wide open areas and Revenant for smaller maps centered more on run and gun. The Typhoon will win out as it levels up though.

I've seen folks who had a Typhoon X before the nerf, and those Destroyers did live up to their name... It's still an effective weapon though.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7RjmhartPosted 8/26/2012 5:17:12 AM
ingomuller posted...
Thank you guys, tried the Typhoon and, well, that thing is a beast in a destroyer's hand.

The funniest is that, after my first run with it, I bought a PSP and got another typhoon. Now I have Typhoon II.

When it rains, it pours, I guess.

Yeah, I was going to recommend trying it out for 3-4 matches. I have tried guns for 1 match and given up on them too quick. Plus it takes personal experience to tell if the gun is suited to your play style.
---
Psn: big_bob002