Best Infiltrator?

#1scm60Posted 10/15/2012 6:37:31 AM
I got the Turian Ghost Infiltrator yesterday and played a few games with him. I've now unlocked every Infiltrator and, even though I love the N7 Shadow, I find that my old favorite -- Salarian Infiltrator -- is still the most effective. Shield Drain with either a sniper or an assault rifle, plus the Proximity Mine, and you can really take down even the toughest enemy. Or maybe I'm just used to him. So, who is the best infiltrator?
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
#2mightbedaGOATPosted 10/15/2012 9:48:23 AM(edited)
Geth.

EDIT: For a bit more clarity: Geth Infiltrator shotgun build (Claymore, Piranha, GPS).
---
Queen City's Finest
PSN: illius_willius
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 10/15/2012 9:25:11 AM(edited)
Yeah, The Geth Infiltrator does still seem to stand quite a distance above the rest. But I'm personally loving my Turian Ghost. Still learning how to utilise his dodge properly, but I'm enjoying this class. (Also loving The Havoc Soldier.... And both the Volus classes)
---
Phoenix is weak! >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UVHfJvJDo
#4AMP1317Posted 10/15/2012 10:37:40 AM
I love my Salarian Infiltraitor! Using a claymore is just pure win! Though I may have to try an assault rifle build. Still, the ghost is pretty dang close and has probably taken over as my favorite Turian class for now (still haven't unlocked the havoc) which used to be Turian Sentinal.

Still, only got one Volus and I'm honestly not a fan. The adept really doesn't do anything for me. He's too short to use stasis behind cover and his orbs don't do much damage, IMO. I spent the whole round spamming sheild regen and just healing my teammates because I wasn't much use otherwise.
As for the Volus Engineer, they look pretty good! I'd like to try them out, since I favor adept and engineer classes.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
#5Nelo_PortgasPosted 10/15/2012 2:14:15 PM
Geth is the ultimate glass cannon. The guy can eat through anything but also very fragile. He's the best damage wise.

Shadow is good fun, if you know how to SS, you can flick all over the map without getting hit once. The weakness lies in its boss handling - not so good at killing them, especially since you cant SS Atlas' now.

MQI is a great team infiltrator. For the objectives and tac scan. Great with a sniper rifle. Can do great damage but you gotta aim proper.

Ghost is more like a soldier than anything else. A very solid class - spec for damage and watch 'em drop like flies with the Harrier. Can somewhat match the Geth for DPS but not quite - on the flipside, is also much more resilient than the GI. Also great for reviving mates and doing objectives because of (shield) stim packs.

Overall, I'd say the Ghost takes the cake. He can do sneaky, he can tank, he can dodge and good solid damage.
---
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Nelo-Tattoo/tumblr_lc9n0wlFUT1qzozj1.gif
#6TheBansheePosted 10/15/2012 4:50:27 PM
Overall, Salarian Infiltrator w/ Claymore 6/6/6/6/0 is the best imo.

Claymore is insanely powerful and reload-cancel is incredibly strong.

Where the real strength is lies in Energy Drain. Cloak, Drain, Fire. Rinse, repeat. They can hit you all they want between cloaks, you will never die. This sequence can kill most enemies in one round (aside from Brutes and Ravagers, who you'd Prox Mine and need to go two rounds). Then there's boss enemies, who can be dropped pretty quick.

Salarian Infiltrator is my go-to Gold load-out against anything but reapers.
---
PSN ~ ThatOddGuy
#7AMP1317Posted 10/16/2012 8:52:21 AM
TheBanshee posted...
Overall, Salarian Infiltrator w/ Claymore 6/6/6/6/0 is the best imo.

Claymore is insanely powerful and reload-cancel is incredibly strong.

Where the real strength is lies in Energy Drain. Cloak, Drain, Fire. Rinse, repeat. They can hit you all they want between cloaks, you will never die. This sequence can kill most enemies in one round (aside from Brutes and Ravagers, who you'd Prox Mine and need to go two rounds). Then there's boss enemies, who can be dropped pretty quick.

Salarian Infiltrator is my go-to Gold load-out against anything but reapers.

How do you do the reload technique?
That's the exact build I use, but learnin that would be great!
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
#8mightbedaGOATPosted 10/16/2012 9:18:30 AM
When you reload a clip, the ammo fills before the reload animation fully completes. When you interrupt the reload animation with an action (dodge, melee, power, etc.) before the animation completes but after your clip has replenished, this is called reload-canceling. On weapons with very lengthy reload animations (such as the Claymore), the difference in reload-time is incredibly noticeable. It's pretty much a timing thing that you get used to doing after extended practice.
---
Queen City's Finest
PSN: illius_willius
#9DuneManPosted 10/16/2012 10:17:40 AM
In favor of the Turian Ghost, take Stim Packs down the damage, duration, weapon damage path. Take Tactical Cloak down the path for damage and assault rifle damage. Equip the Harrier. During a match, Cloak, pop a Stim Pack, and enjoy +47.5% damage for the next 9 seconds(+127.5% for 4 of those seconds). You should also take Overload down the Damage, Neural Shock, and Damage/Chain path. A cloaked Overload will pop a ton of shields/barriers, and taking Neural Shock ensures that Phantoms and Collectors get messed up by the extra damage to organics. A Warfighter Package can up your rifle damage and Stim Pack counts.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#10boblebobPosted 10/16/2012 11:11:43 AM
salarian is still my favourite just ahead of geth
---
up yours
psn=elquango