Shapeshifting as a Player Ability

#1Mario99880Posted 1/30/2011 11:36:30 PM

I know there is another topic about something along these lines. But this is discussing the players ability to use it.

For example, the gates to Cities are under strict policies, to not let any outsider in. Your character moves off a few yards from the gates and morphs into a young, raggidy boy. When you go up to the gates the guards feel sympathy for you and let you in. Granting you access to the city.

If you need to gain access to the goblin fortress, you are able to turn into a goblin citizen and speak their language. Of course their will be speech checks to ensure you are legit, and if failed you will be attacked or lose the transformation.

Your stats, fame, abilities and attack will be changed also. For example the child will go down to 2 strength, but increase in Charisma up to 7. You will gain instant fame with the town. While only having the ability to punch. The transformation will have a certain time limit depending on how good your magic is or how powerful the transformation is. The transformations will become stronger as your alteration goes up. Meaning a level 50 alteration skill person will have a much stronger wolf then the level 1 alteration player. Potions would also be another option for those without magic ability (would be exspensive)

Some Ideas for transformations

Child (gain more speech options, more access to areas)

Dog (blends in, bonus to stealth)

Dark Wizard (bonus to magic, able to summon other creature)

Wolf ( speed bonus, and critical damage)

Stallion (Massive speed bonus)

Mudcrab :D (ability to breathe under water and not be attacked by aquatic creatures)

Fish (same thing as mudcrab, except can't attack)

Troll (gain massive strength, but attacked by humans instatntly)

Spirit Tree (can heal if on ground or dirt, can hide)

Anymore Transformation ideas? Or any thoughts on this?

#2TCGJessePosted 1/30/2011 11:38:26 PM
Transforming into a gnat. Then flying up someones nose and transforming into an elephant.
---
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard
#3TheeKingOsirisPosted 1/30/2011 11:42:59 PM
totally

I always thought they should have a real mind control spell. Either where you can make everyone think your a friend/ally or take over someones body for different time amounts depending on the cost. Especially with vampires.
---
"Kill yourself, save the world."
#4deadpool223Posted 1/30/2011 11:45:11 PM
i got one, rat (our size) huge stealth bonus but if spotted instantly attacked
---
official OTHER alpha cliffracer, SKREEEEEE!!! Listener of the children of sithis, high priest of the cult of sheogorath
#5thatmovingbushPosted 1/30/2011 11:45:40 PM
A great idea.
---
---
"My mistake: four coffins" -The Man With No Name
#6Laughing_GrassPosted 1/30/2011 11:47:23 PM
I'm a rebel, man. I'll totally just like plow through those guards and go anyway, maaaan.
#7INFRARED PYTHONPosted 1/30/2011 11:56:14 PM
If you need to gain access to the goblin fortress, you are able to turn into a goblin citizen and speak their language. Of course their will be speech checks to ensure you are legit,

Are you aware this is Elder's Scroll right?
---
This message has been brought to you from my Droid X!
#8Mario99880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2011 11:57:40 PM
Lol there is always the "Kill guards if they don't let me in"

But this if for the magic players or others who may not be as strong or like a more diplomatic approach. Also its a good supplement if you need to be faster or stronger for X minutes.
#9Mario99880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2011 11:59:42 PM

INFRARED PYTHON posted...
If you need to gain access to the goblin fortress, you are able to turn into a goblin citizen and speak their language. Of course their will be speech checks to ensure you are legit,

Are you aware this is Elder's Scroll right?
---
This message has been brought to you from my Droid X!

I'm speaking hypothetically. Maybe its a demon fortress.... its the same situation.

#10ZenlightenedPosted 1/31/2011 12:12:16 AM
This seems like a good idea but is probably far too exploitable.