Dragonborn and the amulet of kings

#1sandman767Posted 2/4/2011 10:46:00 PM
Anyone think it's possible that the main character of this game, will indeed end up becoming the next emperor, being as he is the last dragonborn. If I remember correctly that was the requirement to wear the amulet.
---
Just who the hell do you think we are??
#2kevindrosario2Posted 2/4/2011 10:47:31 PM
If I remember correctly that was the requirement to wear the amulet.

Tell that to Mankar Camoran. I think he forgot.
---
A new study shows that by 2025, American children will be too obese to ride hover boards.
#3gungunn101Posted 2/4/2011 10:50:14 PM
Camoran was an exception, and no one really knows why.
---
If you are Amish and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#4Violent_SeafoodPosted 2/4/2011 11:20:10 PM

It's possible that Camoran was also Dragonborn.

#5rollingrandyPosted 2/4/2011 11:44:11 PM
Didn't the amulet break at the end of the main quest line?
---
[::|__|::] [ #|__|# ] ........... [|_|] ............| |_| |
[+|__|::] [ +|__|:: ] [+|_|.:] [+.:] (+|_| :) |+.. :|
#6BeidhaPosted 2/4/2011 11:44:25 PM
Yeah, the Septims weren't the only dragonborns. Just the most famous.
---
Official Archemage of the Skyrim board
#7LyricaliasPosted 2/4/2011 11:44:28 PM
A Wizard Wore It.
---
Every note and every word, I'm listening!
But to this place where destiny is made, why have you come unprepared?
#8Young WyattPosted 2/5/2011 1:20:37 AM
I actually logged on to make this same topic. I had been thinking the other day: "the septims where dragonborn, they are dead & therefor there's no emperor and the empire is in shambles. That's why there is civil war in skyrim. So you (a dragonborn) come along rise to power, save the world from the dragons, and are appointed as the emperor." it makes perfect sence!!
---
GT: The Reaper 502
Official Apprentice of the Shadowcrab, Reaper of the Crabdom. ALL FEAR THE SILENT, SWIFT, KILLING SUPERIORITY OF THE SHADOWCRAB!!
#9valium88Posted 2/5/2011 2:24:48 AM

I've been hoping for the same thing, would be awesome to become the emperor.

#10ronnetPosted 2/5/2011 3:53:33 AM

Dragonborns are just selected individuals who can inspire men and lead them to great things. Tiber Septim used this gift to unite the Nords and then conquer Cyrodiil, start the IMperial civilization and then conquer the rest of Tamriel.

But that has been done before, I think Bethesda likes the fact that each province is now seperate and has their own kind of rule. The Empire was great to mingle the races so that we know have all 10 races in each of the provinces. But now it isnt necesarry for that.

So I think the new Dragonborn is just there to unite the Nords. As we know there is a conflict between the current Nord king and a group pf seperatists. They are fighting among themselves while there is a greater threat of Dragons. So the dragonborn has to unite the clans and then form an army to right the dragons.

Once he is done then I seriously doubt he'll become emperor of Skyrim let alone Tamriel. It wouldnt make sense to have someone who can be 10 different races and 2 different genders be the new emperror. We'll just be the hero who united Skyrim and defeated Alduin.