Flaming arrows?

#1slothmasterPosted 2/28/2011 6:17:51 AM
Did anyone else notice the archer with the flaming arrows in the background of the art of skyrim video from gi? I know it's just concept art, but now that I've seen it I seriously want them in this game.
#2earofbonePosted 2/28/2011 6:22:50 AM
it would be cool if you had a flaming arrow type, then if you shot them thru flame they would ignite, but im not getting my hopes up.
---
To each his own
#3Iam_TylerDurdenPosted 2/28/2011 6:51:03 AM

That doesn't sound that far fetched. You already have the different arrow types, just make a flaming arrow type. I'm sure they could pull it off in game.

#4johnboythe4thPosted 3/1/2011 1:09:56 AM
A flaming arrow wouldn't be that effective though. If you were firing it at an explosive, or someone who just had a swim in some petrol I could understand it, but on someone normal, if the arrow was to bury itself in the person the fire would just go out, it's only effective slightly burning the enemy for about a second.
---
The new Emporer of the Mudcrabs. Position claimed after being voted in by mudcrabs everywhere. I love you guys too.
#5ShinoGenjutsuPosted 3/1/2011 3:38:03 AM
If anything wouldn't it coderize the entry wound and be even less effective as a weapon?

Then again, I could care less because this is the Elder Scrolls and they could be fun
---
"If only we were brave enough to live the lives we stole, what a wonder world this could be."- Thomas Kalnoky
#6The_Mega_MuffinPosted 3/1/2011 3:58:42 AM
Maybe we'll get some visual enchants, like a flaming sword or arrows for fire enchants
---
---
My favorite ES race is a tie between Orc and Kha'jiit, suck it haters
#7eugene1222Posted 3/1/2011 4:30:34 AM
there was this spell in the trailer where he left a ball of fire in the middle of the room. it would be awesome if you left it there, shot an arrow through it and it turned into a flaming arrow.
---
"Why is it that we can remember the past, but not the future?"
#8mega478Posted 3/1/2011 5:02:34 AM

That doesn't sound that far fetched.

Don't you mean....far-fletched?

:D
---
GT: Unchill
The Hard Egg Gave A Mute Echo
#9GrimHeroPosted 3/1/2011 5:41:01 AM
They should have an oil arrow, then when you hit a target with it you can use fir magic and set them on fire.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#10HatchetHoundPosted 3/1/2011 6:04:57 AM
I kind of want them to take out enchanted arrows and let you use magic while using a bow. And by use I mean imbuing the arrow with whatever spell is in your hand, with proper visual effects.
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!