Skyrim Dragon Attacks!

#1MrMe1000Posted 5/29/2011 12:27:01 PM

So I heard that dragons can attack you anywhere. If this is true I am definitely going to get one to chase me to a town and have it burn it to the ground.

Where will you lead one?

#2ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 5/29/2011 12:27:32 PM
In my pants.
---
face it the ps3 is a dvd player with blu ray -Anon, LOL!
The winds of the gods...are blowing life... INTO THESE DEAD BALLS!
#3LivingTroughIcePosted 5/29/2011 12:31:34 PM
no they wont attack you. when you see them flying you can attack them otherwise you are just another person.
---
I was asked, "What starts with S, ends with EX and makes you have an orgasm. After some thought; I replied by saying, "Skrillex."
#4FruityCray0nPosted 5/29/2011 12:38:41 PM
the adoring fan's house..
---
SSJGrimReaper:If FruityCray0n doesn't approve, this topic is null and void
GT:Evil Monoxide (Ajd personally gave me the mudcrabflag..mushmello's ate it...)
#5KiThirstyPosted 5/29/2011 12:38:45 PM
It would be kind of neat if you attacked a dragon, led it toward a town, and the town fired siege weapons and archer volleys as a way to not slay, but ward off the dragon.
#6Richie2011Posted 5/29/2011 1:37:57 PM
KiThirsty posted...
It would be kind of neat if you attacked a dragon, led it toward a town, and the town fired siege weapons and archer volleys as a way to not slay, but ward off the dragon.

This...

If Dragons are really powerful and hard to defeat, or they attack you in two and three's, it will really make you think twice before venturing too far from a town/city.
#7Hawkeye7575Posted 5/29/2011 3:27:30 PM
"If Dragons are really powerful and hard to defeat, or they attack you in two and three's..."

Todd said somewhere that there will be at least one part in the game where two dragons will attack you (I don't know if that means boss fight or just random encounter), but he said there would never be three at once. That many would take away from the intimidating nature of the dragons, much like a Big Daddy in Bioshock.

"no they wont attack you. when you see them flying you can attack them otherwise you are just another person."

Source? I do remember Todd saying that dragons will sometimes randomly attack towns, meaning that they will attack you on sight.

And the gameplay trailer also suggests otherwise. I know we never saw if the player engaged the dragon or if the dragon engaged the player, but the player wasn't wounded at all, he was running away from it, he hadn't used a dragon shout yet, the dragon didn't seem tired... You get my point.
---
Doesn't affect me.
#8lonnieepPosted 5/29/2011 3:49:50 PM(edited)
Maybe it's not just one static possibility.

I mean, there's set-place dragons. Sleeping, hunting for you in a dungeon, whatever.

Perhaps the "random" dragons, once spawned, have their own daily lives to go about. Nothing complicated, maybe flies around one area for a while, zooms off to some location heavily populated with normal wildlife to eat something. Takes a nap there. Then goes off to kill some bandits. Flies around some more.

Etc.

Anyway, all of these options have the dragon mostly "distracted" but you could still catch it's eye if you blunder into it's line of sight, prompting a zomg dragon attack. Otherwise, you'd have plenty of warning as to it's location/aggro zones etc.

I mean, they're supposed to be BIG... Not like you're gonna come 'round a tree and go "****! DRAGON!"
---
Users who have made a hobby out of clicking on my name; aSquareApple, LeonDragonHeart.
#9LivingTroughIcePosted 5/29/2011 3:53:06 PM
Hawkeye7575 posted...
"

Source? I do remember Todd saying that dragons will sometimes randomly attack towns, meaning that they will attack you on sight.

And the gameplay trailer also suggests otherwise. I know we never saw if the player engaged the dragon or if the dragon engaged the player, but the player wasn't wounded at all, he was running away from it, he hadn't used a dragon shout yet, the dragon didn't seem tired... You get my point.

http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/270478-Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-New-Info-From-OXM

fist little section
i dont say things i dont know for sure
---
I was asked, "What starts with S, ends with EX and makes you have an orgasm. After some thought; I replied by saying, "Skrillex."
#10Hawkeye7575Posted 5/29/2011 4:24:41 PM
"It seems Dragons won't attack you on sight, then."

If I could bold words, I would bold, "It seems." That isn't confirmed, nor does the way the site came about that conclusion seem logical.

"- Todd Howard earlier compared Dragons to Big Daddies, and now explains why:
'In theory, you can engage a dragon whenever you see one simply by pelting it as it flies past, but make sure you're ready for the fight.'"

Todd could have simply meant that the player was sneaking and the dragon didn't see it, as Big Daddies didn't attack you in Bioshock usually because they were unaware of your presence. He never actually came out and said that dragons will not attack you without provocation.

And in this description of a demo Todd showed (about a third to halfway through the demo):

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/re--new-skyrim-info--demo-deta/1210650?page=1

The dragon attacks the player before he could do anything. Todd then ran into a cave, so obviously he didn't want the fight right then, inferring that it attacked him and not the other way around.
---
Doesn't affect me.