Assassin guilds in Skyrim.

#1gamerfreak1991Posted 6/16/2011 8:42:27 PM
Do you guys think that we'll see any assassin guild, similar to the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion? To my knowledge, the Dark Brotherhood were never really in Skyrim too much or so I've read. So hopefully some other kind of assassin guild then will be in it's place.
#2Uglyface2Posted 6/16/2011 8:47:35 PM
I'd bet money on the fact that there's an assassin's guild in Skyrim, probably the DB. There's a Dutch magazine that says as much, even though there hasn't been any mention in English media.
#3appleturnover87Posted 6/16/2011 8:48:09 PM
i'm 100% positive it will be in.
---
Whats love got to do, got to do with it?
#4ZwiegPosted 6/16/2011 8:57:59 PM
i Really hope so. Almost 90% of my characters are assassins, with 5 %percent thieves 3 % mages( though these are some of my best) and The remaining 2 warriors. (Will probably change in Skyrim due to the revamped combat system)
---
Gamertag-Zwieg No-PSN yet (need to move to regain highspeed)
Now Playing: Suikoden, Suikoden II, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Dune 2000, MGS4,3,2, and TS, And TR:UW
#5Omega_GilgameshPosted 6/16/2011 9:06:31 PM
Todd Howard himself said that there will be three guilds, and none of them were mentioned as an assassin's guild.
---
On "Why are you imprisoned at the beginning of TESV: Skyrim?"
"Being the wrong race, at the wrong time."-Irulesmost
#6Raven9853Posted 6/16/2011 9:12:29 PM
He said three main guilds, there will most likely be a few others
---
GT: Raven9853
#7Uglyface2Posted 6/16/2011 9:13:14 PM
Omega Gilgamesh posted...
Todd Howard himself said that there will be three guilds, and none of them were mentioned as an assassin's guild.

Three main guilds. If they were the only guilds in Skyrim, it would be a step backwards from Oblivion and Morrowind.
#8capnovanPosted 6/16/2011 9:19:49 PM
The DB is in, it was confirmed a while back. And Todd said the 3 main guilds were in.
---
You can take my karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!!!!!!
GT: Capnovan
#968medicWPosted 6/16/2011 10:18:10 PM

It would make sense that there is a dark brother hood or a similar assassins guild so that players who are stealth ruthless killers can do what they wish instead of being restricted to being stealth but not being allowed to kill people unless they want to pay money for each person they kill. Hopefully they even add in some different guilds as well. Maybe a vampire or werewolf clan/guild type of creation.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the creation of a new guild we haven't seen yet in addition to the previous guilds we have seen.

#10MrRagnarPosted 6/16/2011 10:21:39 PM
I like the idea of assassination. But I would prefer it to Morrowind style where you could hire yourself out to a house (Telvanni for example) in return for membership and perks.
Hiring yourself out as a mercenary to a wealthy benefactor was a good idea. I didn't much like the DB in Oblivion. Too many rules and regulations